XBMC server selectively shows as AirPlay option on iPhone
I'll preface this by saying I'm relatively sure this is likely an iOS-side issue, tho I can't be certain.

I'm on xbmc-12.0-1.fc18.x86_64 (Frodo), installed via YUM, and I'm running iOS v6.1.3.

Problem is I can use AirPlay for photos and videos accessed through the native Photos app, but I've yet to find a third-party app which will display my XBMC server for AirPlay either within the app itself or in the native toolbar left of recently used apps menu. I recall being able to stream Pandora to XBMC before upgrading to Frodo. I've disabled all firewall software, opened all ports, and disabled SELinux just for good measure, however, since this works with a native iOS app, that seemed to confirm that the server is listening and accepting connections.

Dunno if this is a recent development.
Is anyone else experiencing this?
Any recommendations?
Could you reformulate your question please? I'm not quiet sure what you try to accomplish.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-03-28, 10:37)Memphiz Wrote: Could you reformulate your question please? I'm not quiet sure what you try to accomplish.

I can't use AirPlay to stream iHeartRadio, Pandora, YouTube, Songza, or any other third-party apps on my iPhone, neither audio nor video. I can only use AirPlay with native apps like Photos.

For example, the broadcast name for my XBMC server is "media-server".

When I bring up AirPlay servers for Photos (the native app), I see this:

When I bring up AirPlay server for anything else, I see this:

No "media-server" in the latter, so I can't stream anything except pictures and videos I recorded on the phone.
There are other users claiming that updating to 6.1.3 on there idevices broke airplay. At least for me and my test device (ipod4g) this is not the case.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
This was reproducible in v6.1 as well.

I only updated to v6.1.3 in hopes that it would address the problem.
I can't find songza or irheartradio on the appstore (maybe not available in the german appstore?)

The current youtube app from google uses airplay mirroring - xbmc doesn't support this due to unhacked encryption. What you see in the native toolbar left of recently used apps menu also only shows targets which support airplay mirroring (e.x. appletv2 or appletv3) - cause its not ment to do anything else.

I found an app called RadioPandora which didn't even have an option for streaming audio to airplay targets.

For youtube i suggest the safari browser instead of the google app.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC server selectively shows as AirPlay option on iPhone0