User Configurable Movie Information Display
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how hard it would be to make a very basic UI that allowed the user to select which movie information they wanted displayed on the "main" page of the movies screen. Here's a screenshot of what I'm taking about:

The default appears to be: Video Codec, Studio, Rating, Aspect Ratio, Resolution, Audio Codec

There is other information that would be nice to see up front there like Audio Channel Config I.E. 5.1, 7.1, etc. Perhaps even information like if it has subtitles available, languages, etc. If there was an interface that allowed you to hide, show and change the order of this information, that'd be pretty sweet, even if it's just some xml file outside that is edited by hand with a text editor, and not built in to the XBMC / Aeon Nox skin UI.

I'm not sure how much of this stuff is built in, and what would have to be added, but It could be a pretty nice piece of user-defined customization that allows people to show what movie details they want up front and center.

Here's a quick mock up of what the UI window could be:

What do you think?
Main problem I see, beside coding, is that this would be a "per view" setting. Every view doesn't show the same flags.
So you'd have to change this in the view settings, and not in the global skin settings.

Other than that, this would be really cool.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
Too much options
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-04-02, 00:24)Maxoo Wrote: Main problem I see, beside from the coding, is that this would be a "per view" setting. Every view doesn't show the same flags.
So you'd have to change this in the view settings, and not in the global skin settings.

Other than that, this would be really cool.

That was something that I thought about, perhaps with the right iconography it could work, or, with a limit to how many icons you can have active at once. I'm sure some people don't care about this information anyway, and those people could use more streamlined skin interfaces.

Quote:Too much options

I was just throwing out examples, most of this info is shown somewhere already, just not all in once place generally. Like I said above, even if you could choose say, five or six media info images , out of 8 or 10, that would be pretty neat.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
User Configurable Movie Information Display0