Win XMBC Frodo 2.1 iMON IR + MCE Remote (Harmony 650)
Hi there hope someone can help here

I have installed Frodo 2.1 on my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and I have an issue with my remote control. It seems I can move LEFT, RIGHT,UP and DOWN I can certainly hit the 'OK' key also 'BACK' works fine but as soon as I'm playing live tv or watching a movie I can't hit PAUSE or STOP button on my harmony 650 that emulates MCE remote control.

I have had a look around on Google but can't really find anything decent regarding my setup perhaps someone already has this working and is willing to help me out.

Many thanks!
You need to change the xbmc settings in iMON manager. First find out what key is sent by the mce remote using a tool like showkey.exe. Then edit the imon manager settings for xbmc play and pause buttons.
(2013-04-08, 19:23)baijuxavior Wrote: You need to change the xbmc settings in iMON manager. First find out what key is sent by the mce remote using a tool like showkey.exe. Then edit the imon manager settings for xbmc play and pause buttons.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction appreciated. I have used showkey.exe but it's not responding when I press play on the harmony 650 which emulates MCE Remote I have also tried using the original MCE remote and no joy. Any ideas?
^^ Use mcemapper to change the desired buttons. You can set play button to emulate CTRL+P and so on. Save and restart the PC.
(2013-04-09, 07:43)baijuxavior Wrote: ^^ Use mcemapper to change the desired buttons. You can set play button to emulate CTRL+P and so on. Save and restart the PC.

Thanks for your help again but when I launch mcemapper I only get the following:

Any ideas what could be wrong here? Apologies but it seems I'm a complete novice at this and I thought it would be a piece of cake.
Install xbmccustomregis. It will add all missing buttons to the registry. Restart the PC and use mcemapper again to make changes if any.
Is this xbmccustomregis compatible with iMON IR? As I don't have the "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver".
Actually you need only the remote control registry file. But extracting it from the xbmccustomregis is possible only after installation. Instead you can download the registry code from my XBMCLauncher source code. Extract it and double click the MCEregistry.reg file to install. After restarting your PC will see the other buttons also and you can configure iMON manager to control XBMC.
(2013-04-09, 17:51)baijuxavior Wrote: Actually you need only the remote control registry file. But extracting it from the xbmccustomregis is possible only after installation. Instead you can download the registry code from my XBMCLauncher source code. Extract it and double click the MCEregistry.reg file to install. After restarting your PC will see the other buttons also and you can configure iMON manager to control XBMC.

baijuxavior

Thanks again I have downloaded your Source Code V3.5 and I have three .reg files in there I'm assuming you are referring to the "MCEremote.reg" file?

List of reg files:

MCERemote.reg
PowerOptions.reg
RemovePowerOptions.reg

Apologies for being rather silly with this but can you please explain what will it replace in registry so that I can back it up before hand? One other thing is this similar to the xbmccustomregis registry file: Config_Win7.v1.41.reg?
MCERemote.reg is the file to run. It will modify the registry keys that control mce remotes keypress. The reg file from xbmccustoms regis is also similar. You can open these files in notepad to view the contents. At the beginning there will be the path to the registry which you may backup prior to merging.

Edit: Path to the registry which you need to export is ReportMappingTable under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da
Thanks for your help baijuxavior I will have a go at it tonight when I get home later on. Just one more question will this change interfere with Windows Media Center control at all? The reason I ask is my other half prefers MCE and she may want to use that from time to time I'm working on getting her transformed.
If you are using Imon, then it won't be a problem. Just edit the iMON WMC settings with the new buttons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC Frodo 2.1 iMON IR + MCE Remote (Harmony 650)0