Win Immediate wake from Sleep
Issue: Putting HTPC to sleep via start menu or from XBMC menu or ipad remote (either suspend or hibernate), machine wakes instantly back into XBMC. it just won't sleep. Appears to be a windows/hardware problem, but xbmcRemote on ipad may also be to blame.

Setup: Asus P8Z77 V Deluxe, 8Gb RAM, Win 7 Pro 64bit, Frodo 12.1. Ipad xbmcRemote. HTPC wired ethernet connection to router. Goal is to be able to control xbmc, sleep the machine and wake it using the ipad only, thus removing all other remote controls and wireless keyboard from coffee table and having family friendly setup. HTPC sits under my living room TV and connects to Pioneer AV amp via HDMI.

Tests so far:
1) ran cmd / powercfg to determine which devices can wake the system. It had both network adapters, keyboard, mouse. Using /lastwake, I narrowed problem down either one of the ethernet adapters (Intel and Realtek) waking the machine. Switched the cable (and allow wake) between the two and the issue was the same, sleeping the machine caused it to wake instantly.
2) Turned off the Intel Ethernet adapter, allowed just Realtek and enabled it to wake machine via "magic packet". This is critical as I want it to sleep when not in use and don't want a wireless keyboard in my living room. problem persists. So theremust be one device enabled to wake it.
3) tried turning off the ipad, and then the machine sleeps. So - is this problem caused by xbmcRemote? Turning on the ipad again and opening xbmcRemote wakes the machine automatically as it looks for instances of xbmc on the network.

What am i missing here? If the machine is able to sleep and wake with the xbmcRemote app or ipad turned off, what message is xbmcRemote sending on the network preventing the HTPC from sleeping, how can that be controlled? Any solution greatly appreciated.
Hi mate I think it's just a setting as I had the Same problem as it depends if other devices wake your computer so you need to enable magic packets on your htpc network card and here's how

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941145

Also make sure you have the MAC pc address of your htpc entered into your iPad remote control settings of it will not wake it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Sorry mised the part you tried magic packets. Have you tried a different xbmc remote as I don't use that one I use xbmc commander
Hi Meridius. Thanks for your suggestions. Newborn baby means I only had time to play with this yesterday.... I spent a bit of time with the setup. What fixed it was switching back to the intel Ethernet port, inserting new MAC address, and then ensuring that only wake on magic packet is enabled in the network adapter properties. Pretty much exactly what I thought was already happening with the Realtek. Intel has different properties. One is wake on pattern match which I turned off. Anyway it works reliably now and was asleep all night.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Immediate wake from Sleep0