HTPC Build (with photos)
Hey Guys,

Brand spanking new to the forums here. Have to thank everyone for the great info I have found here, Made this build so much easier.

Now I've got a few simple questions someone might know the answer regarding to my build.

Build Specs
A6 5400K
ASrock A75M ITX
Intel 330 Series 60GB SSD
WD 2T Green 3.5 HDD
Corsair Low profile Vengeance 2x4GB 1600
E-I7 Case with 12V 180W DC / 12V 7A (120) AC adapter upgraded to 120W from stock 80W http://www.ecosmartpc.com/ei7.html
With this remote & CIR receiver http://shop.inteset.com/inteset-remote-and-asrock-cir

Now I was hoping to use the Scythe shuriken low profile cooler rev B but I'm unsure of how much height I have with this case and does anyone know how tall the stock heatsink/fan is on this APU. And has anyone experienced or used this case?

Is the power going to be enough for this system. Will only be running windows 7 x64bit and xbmc only. Dedicated HTPC playing 1080p Blu-rays & 3D.
Will be running through HDMI into my AMP.

Appreciate everyones help, Even if you have and better ideas with my build advice would be great.

Thanks!
First time I read the topic I think "WTF why A 6-pack building belongs here, Shouldn't it be in muscle & fitness forums?"

Haven't used this case so no comment for CPU Cooler.

The power seem to be enough to run the build though.
OK great.

I've completely changed the build have decided to go with an i3 3225 with the ASrock H77M-ITX, RAM has been changed to Kingston HyperX genesis 8GB and have ditched the SSD to keep the price down apart from that everything else is the same. It's all been ordered so now the wait begins.

Will post pics of this build if anyone is interested, even if it helps other n00bs like me decide what setup to build.
i3-3225 and H77M-ITX works very well in the E-i7 case. You only need the standard 84W AC adapter too. It looks like you aren't using the optical bay for now so you can remove it and have plenty of room for the stock Intel cooler.
Cheers Dougie,

I've got the 120W hopefully its not over kill. All of the hardware came today just waiting for the case.
You might want to also check out the Cooler Master GeminII M4 - CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heat Pipes. It has a lower profile than the Shuriken and is also less expensive. I use both coolers and love both.
Here is an update on the build, got all the parts today apart from the remote and CIR reciever.
Case is fantastic great to look at and easy to work on. with all of the parts in the case its quite a tight squeeze between the HDD and the top of the CPU is around 4mm clearance.

Very nice,...just be careful with the wires,...you do not want one of them to lodge itself into the CPU fan.
It'll cause,..at the very least,..thermal shutdowns pretty quickly.
Very nice. It's definitely a tight fit with a 3.5" HDD in there but with the case fan it should be fine. You can always get a lower profile cooler later if you're not happy with the temperatures.

With the front panel wires and the H77M-ITX you can run the wires behind the wiring harness on the power board and then bring the wires between where the wiring harness plugs into the mobo and the memory. That'll keep the wires out of the way. You can also tie a loose loop in the 4-pin CPU power cable to keep it out of the way of the fan. It adds some stiffness to the cable and keeps things tighter. Sometimes I'll even loop it around one of the posts on the CPU fan to keep it in place. Some twist-ties or cable-ties on the HDD power cable will keep that floppy connector and molex connector under control too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC Build (with photos)0