Win Eden - video player quits to menu on video glitch
Hi,

I'm wondering if there is someway to prevent this happening.

I use Eden, Windows 7 and every so often I find the video player crashes back to the menu. When I play the file again, it starts from the beginning (no resume option) and when it hits the exact same point, it happens again. This is true in fast forward too. I actually have to jump over the second using the seek bar or cursors to play the rest of the file.

If I quite XBMC and watch the same file in WMP, there is a noticeable glitch in the video at the point where XBMC quits. The sort where one frame may not have transitioned fully to the next (and some part of the previous frame is still showing) that sort of thing. However, WMP will continue to play the file with no disruption.

Can anyone suggest how I may be able to get XBMC to act like this and "ignore" the glitch please? It's quite frustrating, particularly near the end of a Movie or something.

Thanks in advance
Try updating to Frodo
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
I tried Frodo after it was announced stable but I didn't find it stable unfortunately and ended up downgrading again.

I forget the symptoms now. It was either random freezes or random kick outs during playback.

I may try it again.
Try fixing the corrupt video file or acquire a new, good copy.
I could do that but that will not always be possible. Since I can play the same files reasonably in VLC, WMP, Ubuntu Media Player, I have a work around (basically the work around is don't use XBMC for the remainder of the viewing) but for someone who only wants to use XBMC it's less than ideal.

Unfortunately, there is always a first time for watching each video - so prior to that, it is unknowable whether it contains a glitch or not. I'm not going to be able to embark on any sort of "video repair escapades" part-way through a viewing.

At the moment, when a glitch hits and XBMC fails, I have to immediately fallback to any other player. Which is fine, I get to finish watching what I was watching but why is XBMC less resilient than other players? Can it be fixed with plugins?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden - video player quits to menu on video glitch0