[Feature Request] Favourites Menu Item
The skin is great! I am using it as my main skin on the Raspberry Pi. The ability to customize the home menu panel is the best.

Can you add the ability to place the Favourites menu item in on the home panel menu. What I mean is rather than going to your Settings to see and select all your Favourites, add a Favourites option that you can toggle off or on and change the name under the skin settings like you do with other home menu customizations. This would be in addition to a single Favrourite that you can individually place on the main panel menu. I simpily would like to be able the access all Favourites as they are added but just have the option to see them all by selecting Favourites on the home panel menu.

The reason why I am asking for this is that certain streaming add-ons allow you save favourite shows, movies, etc that you can add to Favourites.

Thanks for considering.
On previous MQ skins, if you press S this will bring up a bottom menu, which will then have an option to view your favourites. ACE may be the same.

Alternatively, you could add the favourites.xml to your favourites and then add this as a custom menu.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2013-04-24, 10:39)Samu-rai Wrote: On previous MQ skins, if you press S this will bring up a bottom menu, which will then have an option to view your favourites. ACE may be the same.

Alternatively, you could add the favourites.xml to your favourites and then add this as a custom menu.

Thanks for the response. I am aware of the "S" method. I am trying to get the Favourites as home menu panel item. I will try adding favourites.xml as a custom menu. I think that is what I am looking for!
OK so if I undertand what are saying, I found the favourite.xml file and then added it as a favourite using File Manager. Then I tryed to access the favourite.xml file from favourites to test it before I added it as a custom menu item. That did not work for me in that it did not bring up all my favourites. It just goes back to the main panel menu. Any thoughts?

Edit: I also tried to get it to work as a My Menu Item and adding Favourites.xml to it. That partially works but I can only get the first Favourite to display correctly and the rest never show up.
I think I'm right in saying that this has never been possible with any of MQ's skins - it wasn't in Mq3 or 4 and now Ace. It's a shame as it's one feature I sorely miss from other skins.
You should be able to manually add the favoruites menu into favourites.xml.

There should be a wiki page describing how to do this. Then once you've done that you can add it as a custom item to the menu.

Alternatively, you could change the skin code of the home menu to do the same thing.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

It is not necessary make any changes, the skin will have a new feature on this issue in the next version. Just wait.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
(2013-04-24, 21:41)MarcosQui Wrote: It is not necessary make any changes, the skin will have a new feature on this issue in the next version. Just wait.

This is great news!!! I have been using XBMC for a long time and have tried all the skins. This one is working the best for me and it is running snappy on a Raspberry PI. Thanks so much for adding this.
As promised, a new feature that will be present in version 1.6.0. You can have 12, 24 or even 36 favorite items directly in the main menu panel.

It is very easy to use just add an item as a favorite and ready, it will already be on the panel.

------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] Favourites Menu Item0