Win Change the movie folder
Hi everybody,

I recently got a NAS and now i want to move my video collection from an external drive to the NAS. I know that when i change the path where my videos are located, that xbmc is going to rescrape all my movies and tv shows. I want to prevent that from happening. I googled and read the wiki, but i still don't get it. Do i have to export my library and import it again?
I removed some movies because of the lack of storage my external hd has, so my other question is, will my fanart of the deletes movies stay in my library?

Thanks

P.S. I want to thank the team of xbmc for this great software, and the whole community because you helped me a lot of times on this forum!
If your NAS wont have the same path as your external, i would suggest you do a export first (to each movie/tvshow folder and not a single file) and then move your stuff to your NAS and re-scrape your entire Library from scratch. It will use your exported data to re-populate your library. Make sure you add this to your advancesettings.xml before you start scanning to make sure it imports your watched Status and resume points.

<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Thank you for clearing that up for me, i am not going to export the library though. I will let xbmc rescrape my files, because there aren't that many movies and keeping the artwork from the deleted movies is not really the point of xbmc if i think about it.
Exporting will ensure that all your movies that you have will retain there current artwork and information and watched status, this will not export stuff that has been removed. This ways when you rescrape, it will put everything back minus the the deleted movies

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change the movie folder0