Solved cannot get hts addon working on 12.1, 12.2
So far I've been running 12.1pre-git and *somehow* fumbled the hts-pvr-addon onto it (should documents these stunts...).
Now I wanted to upgrade to a "proper" release, compiled a 12.1 tarball I downloaded but did not compile, compiled that, to my surprise saw the TVHeadend files once compile was done tho it said "PVR addons: no" when configure finished.

Running the compiled binary resulted in a crash when it tried to go Live TV.
Then noticed 12.2 was out meanwhile. Compiled 12.2, had no pvr addons, so I got them from

https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons

I then decided to create the zips. Installing the HTS zip xbmc 12.2 afterwards then would not install the zip claiming that "dependencies were not met".

Could someone give me proper directions here?
What distro are you on, because certainly in ubuntu there are prebuilt packages for all this.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
for frodo stable, you also need the Frodo branch of the pvr-addons.
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons/tree/frodo

and as nickr said, for ubuntu we provide everything pre-packaged.
Like wsnipex said, if you insist on compiling you must first compile and install XBMC (don't mind the PVR addons: no message at this point), then you compile xbmc-pvr-addons and run "make zip" on it to package the PVR addons to ZIP files which you then install as an addon in XBMC.
Debian7. (Before you ask: was the only dist that supported the sandy bridge gpu properly when I built the machine.)
Thanks for the pointers, will try.
yup, works, solved, had to download the zip as seleceting the branch does not change the git link in the box and git is a mystery to me.
12.2 working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cannot get hts addon working on 12.1, 12.20