Multiple profiles and mysql database
hey

my set-up consists of a synology Nas that stores all my media, thumbs, etc and has a MySQL database set-up on it as i use it to connect 2 Atv2s to it, one in my living room and one in my bedroom.

the issue l have is that l have set-up a couple of profiles on the living room atv2 with separate media sources for kids movies and one for fitness videos. This is fine all the sources are kept seperate on the living room atv2

as soon as i load up xbmc on the bedroom atv, i now have all the fitness videos, kids videos and everything else all under the one profile (the bedroom only has a master profile).

another issue is that if i load up another profile say for example from master to kids, the recent movies/tv shows views doesnt update so even tho im on the kids profile i will have the recently added movies/tv shows of the master profile until i go into the movies/tv libraries and then come back to the home page.
anyone??
I'm not sure I understand your setup. So ATV-living room has:

Profile 1 - MySQL
Profile 2 - Kids
Profile 3 - Fitness videos

With profile 2 and 3 not connecting to MySQL for their DB? Or are they connected to MySQL, but to a separate DB using the <name> tag in advancedsettings.xml?

If ATV-Bedroom sees everything in one DB then ATV-living room should show that as well, but it sounds like the profile separation is working fine on ATV-living room.
Yep that is correct, profile 2 and 3 was not setup for my db, as I haven't added anything for them into my advancedsettings.xml, the bedroom appletv doesn't even have the sources setup on them for the fitness video and the kids videos as they were put into a completely different shared folder on my nas

It's as if the the separate sources option when setting up a profile isn't completely separating the sources, as somehow everything is getting into the database.

It's weird that the atv living room separates everything fine, with the exception of the recently added view, yet the bedroom atv displays it all under the master profile.

Only difference between the 2 is the extra 2 profiles on the living room atv.
no need for these links now sorted...
just found out i need to setup different databases for each profile! followed the wiki, sorted Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple profiles and mysql database0