Operation not permitted, can't access files with SMB
I've had XBMC installed for a few years with no trouble. Movies and shows were all imported locally (not through SMB).

I recently built an HTPC and wanted to sync everything with my main install. I installed mysql, set everything, imported on the HTPC using SMB and everything was grand for a little while (a few hours). For some reason XBMC was then not able to find anything. Everything I selected spit back the error that it didn't exist, even on my main XBMC install, not just the HTPC. Tried cleaning everything out on both machines, reimporting, no dice.

Decided a completely fresh install was my best bet. Wiped my hard drive (on my main computer), reinstalled OSX, installed XBMC and nothing else, imported everything through SMB (even though all my media is local) just fine, setup mysql, quit, reopened, bam, file doesn't exist. Took a break (that was yesterday) came back today, and it can't even connect to my drives. Go through File manager to one of my drives and it says file not permitted.

Really not sure what's up here as this is a completely clean install and this all happened right after import. I've included a debug log from opening XBMC and going to select the drive. Any ideas?

Debug log
Does this work without MySQL?
(2013-05-24, 03:52)Ned Scott Wrote: Does this work without MySQL?

I'm not sure, It's allowed me to import via SMB and play things, but I'm not sure exactly when it stops working. However, I just downloaded SMBUp and am setting everything up that way instead and so far its working flawlessly so it must be the screwy SMB support in Mountain Lion causing the problems. I'll report back if anything goes awry.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Operation not permitted, can't access files with SMB0