setup episodes with tvshows on main menu?
how do I setup my recorded tv shows episodes with Frodo 12.2 tvshows on main menu so I can view them ?
(2013-05-26, 18:55)mbecker43 Wrote: how do I setup my recorded tv shows episodes with Frodo 12.2 tvshows on main menu so I can view them ?

There are a few things you can do, but here is what I recommend.

With nPVR and my setup, when I record something, it dumps the files into a folder outside of my main TV Shows directory (let's say, T:\Recording). My TV Show source folder is on the same drive (T:\TV Shows), but the recording folder isn't included for a good reason. The name of the file gives no information as to what file it is, so before I add it to my TV Show library I manually renamed them to my designated naming structure (Show Name - S0XE0X.ext)

I haven't looked into it doing this automatically, I'm sure there's a way, but I don't record much TV. I hope I could help.
To view TV Shows and Movies via the library and not file system the files need to be named to XBMC standards or have NFO files. I wrote a utility for NextPVR called imageGrabLite that will do this renaming using TheTVDB and TheMoviedb info, otherwise it can create an NFO file. It works best with North American EPG data but it can work when there is a good "subtitle" on the show to help identify which episode it is.

If you also record movies make sure you don't save those with the TV Shows in the same Directory. In NextPVR you can select a directory when you record or create a recurring recording.

Martin
I'm doing this. Check out http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=...geGrabLite

It will run after a recording and rename the episode file(s) and the internal NPVR database record to something XBMC's TVShows plugin can work with.

The only time it has trouble is where:

1) the tv show/episode doesn't yet exist over at The TVDB.

2) it has problems with show names that have multiple series of the same name, but different production years e.g. Battlestar Galactica and Battlestar Galactica (2003).
(2013-05-27, 00:46)majorsl Wrote: 1) the tv show/episode doesn't yet exist over at The TVDB.

That is why you would use the --nfo command line option

Quote:2) it has problems with show names that have multiple series of the same name, but different production years e.g. Battlestar Galactica and Battlestar Galactica (2003).

This is only a problem if you are recording both since NextPVR puts them in one folder and XBMC stupidly IMO gives more priority to the folder, even when the year is added to the filenames. If you set up a second Archive directory for shows with duplicates in NextPVR then XBMC could scan them.

Martin
(2013-05-27, 01:05)emveepee Wrote:
Quote:2) it has problems with show names that have multiple series of the same name, but different production years e.g. Battlestar Galactica and Battlestar Galactica (2003).

This is only a problem if you are recording both since NextPVR puts them in one folder and XBMC stupidly IMO gives more priority to the folder, even when the year is added to the filenames. If you set up a second Archive directory for shows with duplicates in NextPVR then XBMC could scan them.

Martin
XBMC doesn't know what to do with the show even if it is the only one. Castle and Once Upon a Time often don't get scrapped because prior shows with the same name exist over at TheTVDB. So, "Castle (2009)" often won't be scraped because it's missing (2009) in it's folder name as recorded by NPVR.

Hrm, I do have --nfo in my bat. Do I have the wrong syntax for its use?

"c:\program files\npvr\imageGrabLite.exe" --oid %3 --rename --nfo
(2013-05-28, 00:00)majorsl Wrote: XBMC doesn't know what to do with the show even if it is the only one. Castle and Once Upon a Time often don't get scrapped because prior shows with the same name exist over at TheTVDB. So, "Castle (2009)" often won't be scraped because it's missing (2009) in it's folder name as recorded by NPVR.

If you keep them in discrete folders IGL does create the necessary tvshow.nfo file to avoid the problem,

Quote:Hrm, I do have --nfo in my bat. Do I have the wrong syntax for its use?

"c:\program files\npvr\imageGrabLite.exe" --oid %3 --rename --nfo

In North America add --zap2it

Another brain dead feature of xbmc is it defaults parsing to thinking a file has multiple episodes in one file with year date format of nextpvr. You can turn off this undesirable default with the advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
      <regexp>[\\/\._ -](20[0-9]{6})_.+\.ts</regexp>  <!-- Match NextPVR date as a season -->
    </tvshowmatching>

Martin
I'm in the process of transitioning over to NPVR from SageTV. Can you tell me if Image Grab Lite creates .nfos for recordings that don't have entries in thetvdb.com? I record the local news, sports, etc that don't have this data. Will they still show up by show title in the TV Recordings library?
Yes, just read this thread above your post.

Martin
(2013-06-14, 23:53)emveepee Wrote: Yes, just read this thread above your post.

Martin

Thanks. I was hoping that this was applicable for my case as well. In rereading the post I can see that I should have been able to draw that conclusion myself. Sorry for the trouble.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
setup episodes with tvshows on main menu?0