• 2(current)
OUYA users: read this!
(2013-07-09, 16:07)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-07-09, 07:26)Hakarune Wrote:
(2013-07-07, 15:27)Ned Scott Wrote: That would be awesome.

Finished, included text + notes and created a keymap image; didn't remove your editor note without asking you first.

Looks great!

No, it looked okay; what you did made it look great, I didn't even think about separating controller into it's own section and I honestly didn't know how to do the image thumb attached to the right like that lol.
FYI this is the only build that worked for me with hw acceleration and digital audio.
(2013-07-10, 16:18)BrockSampson Wrote: FYI this is the only build that worked for me with hw acceleration and digital audio.

That's probably why we tell OUYA users to use that build ;)
Just followed the wiki to install on my freshly arrived (and updated) Ouya. Two small points of feedback

Am I correct this installs Gotham alpha 1 (and not 5) as recommended? compared filenames with the ones in libstagefright sticky, which you can see on mouseover and looks like the one. Might be good to mention so anyone asking support can at least mention version installed.

I saw a screen that says downloading. I have a 50mbit connection and after a minute simply left the browser only to find no "downloads" in storage, just apps, misc andand available...not sure if there is a popup once it finishes? Indeed I see no progress. 50mbit should do this in a few secs unless the host is slow. So stranded now, will redownload and wait longer. for now no XBMC.

Appreciate the work!
That link does look like Gotham Alpha1 to me.

Also, try downloading ES File Explorer from the second (Estrongs) link in Google, click on the download tab at the top of the page.

ES File Explorer lets you see the progress of your downloads and the download folder as well as letting you install apk files from a USB drive.
Yep, for OUYA Alpha 1 is currently recommended. Others will have more stability issues.
Fiddled for some time, restarted the ouya and now I do have a downloads folder :-) xbmc running!
Posting this from my OUYA now, using my Logitech k400r keyboard.

I may be just doing it wrong, or maybe I'm the first one to post...dunno. I wanted to tell you that while the wiki looks great, the formating of the link to the APK is such that I am unable to copy it or go to it from the wiki itself. All that seems to happen when I try to select it is activating the zoom feature of the browser, which then only drags the page back and forth. This is with both the gamepad and the keyboard. Stock browser, which is likely to be the way most people try to get the APK for the first time.

It may be a good idea to make the link formatted AND clickable.

--bornagainpenguin
Now clickable. Thanks for the heads up.
Is there a way to automaticly start up XBMC on the OUYA? There is an app called "BOOT". You can download it in the OUYA app screen but that didn´t work for me...
(2013-07-12, 13:05)FiberGorilla Wrote: Is there a way to automaticly start up XBMC on the OUYA? There is an app called "BOOT". You can download it in the OUYA app screen but that didn´t work for me...

You can find Auto pilot in OUYA App store.
XBMC Korean User Group
http://xbmc-korea.com
(2013-07-12, 16:07)epoke Wrote:
(2013-07-12, 13:05)FiberGorilla Wrote: Is there a way to automaticly start up XBMC on the OUYA? There is an app called "BOOT". You can download it in the OUYA app screen but that didn´t work for me...

Ah sorry, that app I meant. When it is installed it shows "BOOT".

Anyway it doesn't work at my OUYA. Can you please test it if it works at yours OUYA?

Thanks a lot in advance.
(2013-07-10, 20:13)kees667 Wrote: Just followed the wiki to install on my freshly arrived (and updated) Ouya. Two small points of feedback

Am I correct this installs Gotham alpha 1 (and not 5) as recommended? compared filenames with the ones in libstagefright sticky, which you can see on mouseover and looks like the one. Might be good to mention so anyone asking support can at least mention version installed.

I saw a screen that says downloading. I have a 50mbit connection and after a minute simply left the browser only to find no "downloads" in storage, just apps, misc andand available...not sure if there is a popup once it finishes? Indeed I see no progress. 50mbit should do this in a few secs unless the host is slow. So stranded now, will redownload and wait longer. for now no XBMC.

Appreciate the work!

Added the note to the install file that a reboot might be necessary before the Download section appears and how fast my internet DLs the XBMC apk. Thank you for the information, my machine didn't run into these issues; so it's good to have extra documented notes for the installation guide ^_^

(2013-07-12, 20:10)FiberGorilla Wrote:
(2013-07-12, 16:07)epoke Wrote:

Ah sorry, that app I meant. When it is installed it shows "BOOT".

Anyway it doesn't work at my OUYA. Can you please test it if it works at yours OUYA?

Thanks a lot in advance.

It works on mine. Downloaded real fast to try it out and it worked; then uninstalled it lol. Need to have it setup so the GF and kid can still use it for games Tongue
(2013-07-12, 20:10)FiberGorilla Wrote: Ah sorry, that app I meant. When it is installed it shows "BOOT".

Thanks a lot in advance.

Yes it works. When power on, Ouya startup screen and sound, launcher screen showing briefly, and XBMC starts automatically. I can see XBMC screen in 10 seconds.
Unfortunately, my bluetooth remote/keyboard does not connet automatically when auto start XBMC. Manually connecting bluetooth remote cause crashing XBMC. Very annoying..
XBMC Korean User Group
http://xbmc-korea.com
Thanks for updating the wiki.

Perhaps good to post the main issues? I can't play DVD ISO or vob/ifo if they have a menu. Found it elsewhere. Pretty old format but widely used.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OUYA users: read this!2