• 614(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2015-03-29, 17:45)carlog Wrote: Now on 0.6.1a, and still not able to lauch a pluto.tv channel.

I created a fresh LiveTV channel with kinkin's plutotv plugin, selecting the Stand Up comedy channel , using ptvlguide xml file.

Still, all I get are the Pluto.tv banners - no actual comedy channel video, and no EPG guide data. If I launch the Pluto.tv plugin directly from Kodi, it plays.

Log files here.
http://xbmclogs.com/pcshbht5d

Pluto tv works in my end and as Live tv channel with epg.
You probably haven't matched the appropriate xmltv id
Example of working "EDM" channel:
Code:
<setting id="Channel_999_type" value="8" />
    <setting id="Channel_999_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_999_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_999_rule_1_opt_1" value=" 107: Edm" />
    <setting id="Channel_999_1" value="EDM" />
    <setting id="Channel_999_2" value="plugin://plugin.video.plutotv/?url=51c75f7bb6f26ba1cd00001f&mode=2&name=107%3A+EDM&iconimage=http%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fpluto.tv%2Fassets%2Fimages%2Fchannels%2F6915ded0-3a1c-06bc-c170-5d50c13fcbe3-EDM_squareS.jpg&showname=The+biggest+names+in+electronic+music+and+the+sounds+that+you+just+can%27t+deny.+Music+that+will+get+you+going+when+the+drop+hits." />
    <setting id="Channel_999_3" value="ptvlguide" />
    <setting id="Channel_999_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="Channel_999_time" value="0" />

Copy to your settings2 and trySmile
Thank you Tromy. I tried that, and it I get a your program will start in 5 minutes with a countdown timer, which is different from the pluto.tv plugin. I'm thinking it's another Pluto.tv banner for the EDM channel.

Then I tried this:

Code:
<settings>

<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value=" 107: Edm" />
<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="EDM" />
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="plugin://plugin.video.plutotv/?url=51c75f7bb6f26ba1cd00001f&mode=2&name=107%3A+EDM&iconimage=http%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fpluto.tv%2Fassets%2Fimages%2Fchann?els%2F6915ded0-3a1c-06bc-c170-5d50c13fcbe3-EDM_squareS.jpg&showname=The+biggest+names+in+electronic+music+and+the+sounds+that+you+just+?can%27t+deny.+Music+that+will+get+you+going+when+the+drop+hits." />
<setting id="Channel_1_3" value="ptvlguide" />
<setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_1_time" value="0" />

<setting id="Channel_2_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1" value=" 501: Stand Up" />
<setting id="Channel_2_1" value="Stand Up" />
<setting id="Channel_2_2" value="plugin://plugin.video.plutotv/?url=51c75f7bb6f26ba1cd000009&mode=2&name=501%3A+Stand+Up&iconimage=http%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fpluto.tv%2Fassets%2Fimages%2Fchannels%2F28e95efb-7d1b-3dbb-cac5-0fa1f4f7d06e-standup_squareS.png&showname=Stand+Up+Comedy+from+today%27s+emerging+comics+and+classic+standup+from+comedy+legends+from+shows+and+festivals+around+the+country." />

<setting id="Channel_2_3" value="ptvlguide" />
<setting id="Channel_2_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_2_time" value="0" />

</settings>

And the EDM channel at least gives me the 5 minute countdown timer, but the Stand Up channel says Creating channel, then goes back to the Kodi Programs screen with the PseudoTV info screen at the bottom. PTVL is still running because an arrow up on the keyboard brings me back to EDM, and the countdown timer start again.
Tromy, went back to your settings, and I'm getting banner after banner of pluto.tv
Aloha, I need a notch of understanding... pull I had going pretty perfect channel wise until the 6.1a release. I'm seeing similar problems others are or were having... anyway, the problem is a few of the plug in channels are showing they are building during the load up but are showing up as black solid bars on the guide, no description or programs just black, I can like others have stated access the channel by typing the channel # directly, but can't surf the channel through the guide.... Absolutely nothing changed on my end I only did the update from 6.0 6.questions then 6.1A.

So Imay almost understanding this problem but stuck, tried reinstalling Kodiak, ptv etc this is across all skins... frustrating.... would be very great full for a better understanding of this and a fix....

Thanks for any all responses in advance... I'd be happy to pm anyone with more details, Idoing post here but not sure if it is forbidden Smile I'm close help Wink
(2015-03-29, 20:12)wrichards Wrote: Aloha, I need a notch of understanding... pull I had going pretty perfect channel wise until the 6.1a release. I'm seeing similar problems others are or were having... anyway, the problem is a few of the plug in channels are showing they are building during the load up but are showing up as black solid bars on the guide, no description or programs just black, I can like others have stated access the channel by typing the channel # directly, but can't surf the channel through the guide.... Absolutely nothing changed on my end I only did the update from 6.0 6.questions then 6.1A.

So Imay almost understanding this problem but stuck, tried reinstalling Kodiak, ptv etc this is across all skins... frustrating.... would be very great full for a better understanding of this and a fix....

Thanks for any all responses in advance... I'd be happy to pm anyone with more details, Idoing post here but not sure if it is forbidden Smile I'm close help Wink

What plugin r u using that produces blank epg. PM me settings for that channel.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-03-29, 06:24)amcfarla Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 05:01)imott Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 03:14)amcfarla Wrote: I had the same issue with M*A*S*H tv show, what I did to solve it is use channel type as TV Show, found M*A*S*H and then under Advanced Channel Rules renamed it MASH. This is the only way I could get the logo to work, naming it also MASH.png. Let me know if that helps you.
Thank you your reply.

I did the following with no change in behavior:

-Opened PseudoTV Live Configuration
-Opened Channel Configuration Tool
-Created Channel (121) type TV Show
-Opened Advanced Rule
-Created Rule to Rename Channel to MASH
-Saved changes
-Enabled Reset Channels on Next Restart
-Launched PseudoTV Live
-Watched the reload dialog and observed channel 121 get skipped.
-Checked the EPG and found neither Channel 121, MASH nor M*A*S*H were listed. The defined channel is skipped.

What did I do wrong?

Here is what I have done:

Code:
<setting id="Channel_159_type" value="6" />
    <setting id="Channel_159_1" value="M*A*S*H" />
    <setting id="Channel_159_2" value="4" />
    <setting id="Channel_159_3" value="" />
    <setting id="Channel_159_4" value="" />
    <setting id="Channel_159_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_159_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_159_rule_1_opt_1" value="MASH" />
    <setting id="Channel_159_changed" value="False" />

This worked for me, basically I have a channel with M*A*S*H showing one after the other in chronological order. Renaming the channel MASH and naming the show logo 'MASH.png' the logo shows up on the channel. See what happens if you post that code in the settings2.xml file.

I created a settings2.xml file with only your data in it. When I launch PseudoTV Live I get the following error:

Unable to populate channels. Please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels.

I can play the entire series via the library in Kodi.
(2015-03-29, 23:20)imott Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 06:24)amcfarla Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 05:01)imott Wrote: Thank you your reply.

I did the following with no change in behavior:

-Opened PseudoTV Live Configuration
-Opened Channel Configuration Tool
-Created Channel (121) type TV Show
-Opened Advanced Rule
-Created Rule to Rename Channel to MASH
-Saved changes
-Enabled Reset Channels on Next Restart
-Launched PseudoTV Live
-Watched the reload dialog and observed channel 121 get skipped.
-Checked the EPG and found neither Channel 121, MASH nor M*A*S*H were listed. The defined channel is skipped.

What did I do wrong?

Here is what I have done:

Code:

This worked for me, basically I have a channel with M*A*S*H showing one after the other in chronological order. Renaming the channel MASH and naming the show logo 'MASH.png' the logo shows up on the channel. See what happens if you post that code in the settings2.xml file.

I created a settings2.xml file with only your data in it. When I launch PseudoTV Live I get the following error:

Unable to populate channels. Please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels.

Hmmm, that is strange that doesn't work. Maybe another suggestion is create a smart playlist with the M*A*S*H tv show and see if that works, and then use the smart playlist for the channel. Here are instructions on creating a smart playlists if you are not familiar with them http://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists
(2015-03-30, 01:37)amcfarla Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 23:20)imott Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 06:24)amcfarla Wrote: Here is what I have done:

Code:

Hmmm, that is strange that doesn't work. Maybe another suggestion is create a smart playlist with the M*A*S*H tv show and see if that works, and then use the smart playlist for the channel. Here are instructions on creating a smart playlists if you are not familiar with them http://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists

Thanks!

That appeared to have worked.

Although, I believe, this issue is a bug.
(2015-03-30, 02:37)imott Wrote:
(2015-03-30, 01:37)amcfarla Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 23:20)imott Wrote: I created a settings2.xml file with only your data in it. When I launch PseudoTV Live I get the following error:

Thanks!

That appeared to have worked.

Although, I believe, this issue is a bug.

Another suggestion, maybe delete your MASH shows from your library, and let KODI rescan them in and then setup the channel with MASH tv show and see if that works.
I'm not quite sure where to look for information on how to do this. PseudoTV Live is mostly focused on network streams and not local content but what I want to try to do is combine my shows which are from British networks into one new Network called 'Anglophile Network' with a custom logo I'll have to find or try to create later. Is it possible to interleave by various channels to create one new network? It would seem possible based on the bits of documentation I've found but most of the posts seem to suggest using the Milkman's Guide and he in turn suggested the use of the PseudoTV Manager, which is for Windows and I'm running Linux.

Are there any 'For Dummies' type guides on how to build multiple networks into one channel via interleaving?

If this works I can see myself creating an Anime Network next and a Dourama channel for my Korean dramas because as it stands now I have a bunch of single show channels and that doesn't work very well. I've been manually editing some of the movies for that reason, changing genres to make them work better, but I hate to do that with everything because it just feels hacky and is bound to cause troubles down the road with still airing shows when new seasons or series start airing. Movies I'm less concerned about.

Thanks for the help.
Hey anybody having problems getting there epg for plugins to work? None of my the donor list plugins show epg anymore. Dont kno if the update or what but plugins not getting epg. Can anyone help would appreciated guys thanks.
I turned on verbose logging in Kodi, and pasted my log file here. I'm using tromy's settings2.xml file data, and this is what happens when I launch PTVL and it tries to create the Pluto.tv EDM channel.

http://xbmclogs.com/puzmkj3kj
(2015-03-30, 04:26)bornagainpengui Wrote: I'm not quite sure where to look for information on how to do this. PseudoTV Live is mostly focused on network streams and not local content but what I want to try to do is combine my shows which are from British networks into one new Network called 'Anglophile Network' with a custom logo I'll have to find or try to create later. Is it possible to interleave by various channels to create one new network? It would seem possible based on the bits of documentation I've found but most of the posts seem to suggest using the Milkman's Guide and he in turn suggested the use of the PseudoTV Manager, which is for Windows and I'm running Linux.

Are there any 'For Dummies' type guides on how to build multiple networks into one channel via interleaving?

If this works I can see myself creating an Anime Network next and a Dourama channel for my Korean dramas because as it stands now I have a bunch of single show channels and that doesn't work very well. I've been manually editing some of the movies for that reason, changing genres to make them work better, but I hate to do that with everything because it just feels hacky and is bound to cause troubles down the road with still airing shows when new seasons or series start airing. Movies I'm less concerned about.

Thanks for the help.

I may be misunderstanding your post, but wouldn't smart playlists be suitable for you to do this. For instance, I have a BBC channel that includes shows across the BBC channels using the studio field i.e Find items where the studio is BBC One, BBC Two and BBC Three.
(2015-03-30, 14:23)prawnee Wrote: I may be misunderstanding your post, but wouldn't smart playlists be suitable for you to do this. For instance, I have a BBC channel that includes shows across the BBC channels using the studio field i.e Find items where the studio is BBC One, BBC Two and BBC Three.

Smart playlists might be exactly what would do this for me, in fact trying to learn how to tweak the one I use for my music videos is what game me the idea. The problem is still the same though--I need a 'Dummies' Guide to Smart Playlists' because I really don't understand most of what I'm reading.

Also I tried adding my music video playlist to PseudoTV Live and ended up with something that played the same five songs over and over. Since these were all songs I copied the nfo from something else and hand edited it (mashups are hard to get scraped) I'm pretty sure it's my fault, but it makes me think I don't understand something on a basic level and so am trying to go back to school so to speak. That's why I want a 'Dummies' Guide' if there is one.

I'll keep muddling through with what bit I do understand and hopefully either I'll get pointed to or find a guide or start figuring things out.

EDIT: The Smart Playlist seems to have worked! Now all I need to do is figure out how to blacklist those studios from appearing outside the playlist and get some kind of logo and bumpers worked up. Thanks! Any suggestions on how to blacklist in autotuning or am I going to have to manually build everything if I want to pursue this further?
I'm currently using Kodi skin Black Glass Nova and every time I try to bring up EPG by hitting Enter it always show me a black screen. The EPG shows up fine when I use Confluence skin. So does Black Glass Nova have to support PseudoTV Live for it to work?
Is there a list of Kodi skin that supported PseudoTV Live somewhere?
I'm currently running Helix 14.2

Thanks
  • 614(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45