• 666(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Bug 
Apologies in advance if this has been addressed or it turns out this is some sort of user error on my part but I think I've discovered a bug with LiveTV channels using the PVR as the channel source.

You'll notice the first two PVR channels are both being assigned the same channel ID (1) within PSTVL.

You can add both channels to your channel configuration without issue, but the guide data (on PSTVL's EPG) for both channels sharing channel ID 1 will be identical.
I've imported multiple channel arrangements into Kodi's PVR and can confirm that there is no conflict or overlap with the channel data inside Kodi native EPG. So it appears there is a bug with the way PSTVL is importing and assigning channels numbers to the imported PVR data. I'm running Kodi 15 Git:20150721 FYI

P.S. Thanks for another amazing release!
Any reason auto tune doesn't' add all those random youtube channels like it did before?
Question 
(2015-06-14, 00:16)RayW1986 Wrote: If I use PTVL then exit and play a show from my library it will automatically repeat, meaning I have to go into the current playlist and turn repeat off. This is then fine until I go back into PTVL, and then playlists are set to repeat again. Is this by design or is a bug log needed?
I'm having the same issue. PTVL keeps setting Repeat to All. When I watch a movie or show outside of PTVL, it repeats continuously. I set Repeat to None. When I use PTVL again, it sets Repeat back to All.

How do we keep this from happening?

Thanks
(2015-08-02, 22:02)476429 Wrote:
(2015-06-14, 00:16)RayW1986 Wrote: If I use PTVL then exit and play a show from my library it will automatically repeat, meaning I have to go into the current playlist and turn repeat off. This is then fine until I go back into PTVL, and then playlists are set to repeat again. Is this by design or is a bug log needed?
I'm having the same issue. PTVL keeps setting Repeat to All. When I watch a movie or show outside of PTVL, it repeats continuously. I set Repeat to None. When I use PTVL again, it sets Repeat back to All.

Thanks

as long as you exit PTVL correctly repeat all is disabled:
https://github.com/Lunatixz/XBMC_Addons/...y.py#L2778
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-08-02, 22:02)476429 Wrote:

Thanks
This had been happening to me too, I just never twigged on PTVL possibly being the cause of it! Is this confirmed that PTVL is the cause?

edit: Never mind, I see the post right above mine.
(2015-08-02, 22:12)Lunatixz Wrote: as long as you exit PTVL correctly repeat all is disabled:

Thanks for the quick reply. I assume pressing the Previous Menu button, then selecting Yes in the "Exit Dialog" is the correct way to exit PTVL.

Another issue I noticed with the latest update is that if I correctly exit PTVL, then try to start it again, it displays a dialog, "Pseudo TV already running. Please wait and try again later." If I watch another video or quit Kodi, it will let me launch PTVL. Otherwise it just keeps giving me the "already running" dialog.

Thanks

PseudoTV Live 0.6.5c
Kodi 14.2
Mac OS X 10.7.5
(2015-08-02, 22:38)476429 Wrote:
(2015-08-02, 22:12)Lunatixz Wrote: as long as you exit PTVL correctly repeat all is disabled:

Thanks for the quick reply. I assume pressing the Previous Menu button, then selecting Yes in the "Exit Dialog" is the correct way to exit PTVL.

Another issue I noticed with the latest update is that if I correctly exit PTVL, then try to start it again, it displays a dialog, "Pseudo TV already running. Please wait and try again later." If I watch another video or quit Kodi, it will let me launch PTVL. Otherwise it just keeps giving me the "already running" dialog.

Thanks

PseudoTV Live 0.6.5c
Kodi 14.2
Mac OS X 10.7.5

how long do you wait after exiting? sometimes PTVL is still finishing up some background threads... Pushing v.0.6.6 soon....it has a number of performance enhancements, maybe this will exit thread quicker?
(2015-08-01, 21:46)Marshall Wrote: Apologies in advance if this has been addressed or it turns out this is some sort of user error on my part but I think I've discovered a bug with LiveTV channels using the PVR as the channel source.

You'll notice the first two PVR channels are both being assigned the same channel ID (1) within PSTVL.

You can add both channels to your channel configuration without issue, but the guide data (on PSTVL's EPG) for both channels sharing channel ID 1 will be identical.
I've imported multiple channel arrangements into Kodi's PVR and can confirm that there is no conflict or overlap with the channel data inside Kodi native EPG. So it appears there is a bug with the way PSTVL is importing and assigning channels numbers to the imported PVR data. I'm running Kodi 15 Git:20150721 FYI

P.S. Thanks for another amazing release!

Update,
This problem seems to be a Kodi 15 problem. Everything works fine on 14.2.
I've tried deleting Kodis epg and tv databases just to be sure there wasn't some issue there. Not that 14.2 or 15 share those databases.. but it was worth checking.

Is there some sort of cache file PSTVL keeps?
(2015-08-02, 22:52)Lunatixz Wrote: how long do you wait after exiting? sometimes PTVL is still finishing up some background threads... Pushing v.0.6.6 soon....it has a number of performance enhancements, maybe this will exit thread quicker?

Thanks again for the quick replay. When I've been testing it, I'll wait over a minute, and it still gives me the "already running" dialog. I'll see how 0.6.6 performs when it comes out.

Thanks
Question 
Is there any way to keep PTVL from attempting to display artwork in the EPG?

When I launch PTVL and try to navigate the EPG, it is very slow. It gets a little faster after it's been running awhile, but it's still sluggish. I've turned off "Find Missing GuideData (Art/Info)" in the settings. And I've cleared the artwork cache using the Utilities in the PTVL settings. But it still displays artwork and it's still slow.

Any ideas?

Thanks

PseudoTV Live 0.6.5c
Kodi 14.2
Mac OS X 10.7.5
Mac Mini
(2015-08-02, 23:32)476429 Wrote: Is there any way to keep PTVL from attempting to display artwork in the EPG?

When I launch PTVL and try to navigate the EPG, it is very slow. It gets a little faster after it's been running awhile, but it's still sluggish. I've turned off "Find Missing GuideData (Art/Info)" in the settings. And I've cleared the artwork cache using the Utilities in the PTVL settings. But it still displays artwork and it's still slow.

Any ideas?

Thanks

PseudoTV Live 0.6.5c
Kodi 14.2
Mac OS X 10.7.5
Mac Mini

if v.0.6.6 doesn't clear up user performance issues... then its 100% related to the hardware. I spent two days rewriting core components for performance... I can't overcome all hardware limitations.

I run PTVL fine on a rpi b+ and firetv... but other users experience issues.
(2015-08-02, 23:41)Lunatixz Wrote: if v.0.6.6 doesn't clear up user performance issues... then its 100% related to the hardware. I spent two days rewriting core components for performance... I can't overcome all hardware limitations.

I run PTVL fine on a rpi b+ and firetv... but other users experience issues.

I'm running on a Mac Mini Mid 2011 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 (Dual "Sandy Bridge") and Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB with 8 GB RAM. It's not high-performance hardware, but it's not low-power either. I've never had any performance issues with Kodi before. I wouldn't think the mini should choke on something like thumbnail artwork since it handles x264 and x265 en/decoding well. I figure it should perform as well as a RaspberryPi B+ or FireTV.

I'll try 0.6.6 when it's available and see how that works.

Thanks
(2015-08-02, 22:12)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-08-02, 22:02)476429 Wrote: PTVL keeps setting Repeat to All. When I watch a movie or show outside of PTVL, it repeats continuously. I set Repeat to None. When I use PTVL again, it sets Repeat back to All

I just quit PTVL correctly and it happened again. It was after I forced a channel reset from the settings. Could that have anything to do with it?

Or could it be related to how Kodi thinks PTVL is still running even after it was exited correctly? Does it not have time to set repeat to off before we start playing other videos?

Thanks
(2015-08-03, 00:41)476429 Wrote:
(2015-08-02, 22:12)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-08-02, 22:02)476429 Wrote: PTVL keeps setting Repeat to All. When I watch a movie or show outside of PTVL, it repeats continuously. I set Repeat to None. When I use PTVL again, it sets Repeat back to All

I just quit PTVL correctly and it happened again. It was after I forced a channel reset from the settings. Could that have anything to do with it?

Or could it be related to how Kodi thinks PTVL is still running even after it was exited correctly? Does it not have time to set repeat to off before we start playing other videos?

Thanks

Let me better explain... when you exit PTVL Kodi physically looks like PTVL is finished so that you can use Kodi. While actually running in the background to finish threads (process) you started. Most of the time this isn't noticeable. Give it a few seconds if not a few minutes depending on each users setup.

Thats all the input I will give on "exiting" Smile
(2015-08-01, 18:44)mrdally204 Wrote: I've set up upnp:// and pvr:// as sources but how do I get pseudotv to add them in an autotune. It never finds the back end so I must be missing a step or 2

I still have no idea how to get live TV working again in PTV Live. Anyone care to explain how to enable this feature again in Isengard?
  • 666(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45