Help - refresh rates and 25fps
I'm in North America. The majority of my library is either 24fps or 30fps. But, I have a bunch of PAL files at 25fps. I have the system set up to adjust refresh rates to match video, but my receiver/plasma combo cannot handle the switch to 25fps - I get audio and a black screen when it tries to switch to 25hz. If I have my Windows display settings set to 60 hz the 25fps content plays back decently if I manually shut off the auto refresh rate change.

It's a huge pain in the ass to have to go and turn off the adjust rates whenever I stumble on a 25fps file.

Is there a way to tell XBMC to not adjust the refresh rate of the display if it comes across a 25fps file and have it use 60hz for those files?
Use the override function in advancedsettings.xml

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...3Cvideo.3E

<override>
<fps>25.0</fps>
<refresh>60.0</refresh>
</override>
(2013-07-21, 04:48)StinDaWg Wrote: Use the override function in advancedsettings.xml

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...3Cvideo.3E

<override>
<fps>25.0</fps>
<refresh>60.0</refresh>
</override>

Just did a clean re-install of XBMC and tried the above entry in a new advancedsettings file. It doesn't work. When a PAL video is played the XBMC tries to change the refresh rate to 25hz and I get audio with no video (a black screen). What am I doing wrong?
That's because you likely haven't formatted the advancedsettings.xml file correctly. The code sample StinDaWg posted is incomplete on it's own. Read the top of the link he posted.

You should have something like this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<!-- Settings for when "Adjust refreshrate to match video fps" is enabled, available since r33806. -->
<!-- NOT available in the Dharma release (v10.1) or any release before that -->

<!-- Enable "Adjust refreshrate to match video fps" in settings first. -->
<video>
<adjustrefreshrate>
  <override>
   <fps>25</fps>
   <refreshmin>59.9</refreshmin>
   <refreshmax>60.1</refreshmax>
  </override>
</adjustrefreshrate>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

I use the above and it works just fine.

Ciao.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
I figured out the issue... I was putting the advancedsettings.xml file in the wrong directory... I was putting it in the install directory rather than the %appdata% folder. Duh.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help - refresh rates and 25fps0