Exoon Q2 with Samsung Exynos
Has anyone actually tested this box out? I have some reservations about some of their products..

1) The Rockchip 3188 dongles etc seem like they are just an overpriced copy of the cx-919, qc802 etc except that they are (who cares) pre-installed with xbmc. I personally have yet to find an xbmc version that plays smoothly on any RK3188 device.

2) Is the Samsung Exynos version (for around $250) really light years ahead of the RK's?

3) Is there a "Video & Gaming ROM" for the dual-core devices? And is the one on the Exoon website just borrowed from freaktab?

4) Are there any other devices using the Samsung processor?
Exoon is the biggest rip off I have seen in the Android Tv market. They are selling all their products for about $100 over the top retail price for the units they are selling. They use marketing techniques to make uninformed consumers think they are buying something special compared to other brands.

Feel very sorry for anyone who purchases a product from this greedy idiot !
yes, google for odroid-u2 or odroid-x2 or visit hardkernel.com, Hardkernel uses Exynos.
The boards are not quit ready for xbmc yet, as hw accel is still work-in-progress.
But progress is being made...
I suspected as much (as far as the Rockchip dongles) that they were a ripoff with nothing special. The part that really got me intrigued though was the Samsung chip. So other than the Exoon, there is no other device with the Samsung that's XBMC ready? And once it's actually developed is the Samsung expected to surpass the Rockchip?

I know it's not the same setup, but the Samsung quadcore in my Galaxy S4 is ridiculously fast. I copied all my xbmc settings to the phone in about 15 seconds, and it takes about 10 minutes on a dualcore stick to copy the same files.
EXOON Q2 is the same thing as YW9300 device but way pricier $$$ for no reasons,.,,
Looks like an interesting device (YW9300). Is it necessary to use the MX player with xbmc for streaming, or would the Gotham HWaccel version work with this? I've found in the past that the MX doesn't work right with alot of XBMC (unofficial) addons. The biggest reason I have for updating is to get a dedicated box better than my ouya for hd streaming.

Update: looks like the ouya may have it beat for now (based solely on ethernet connect and lower price). The trouble is that I haven't seen an android box yet that can do a good job streaming hd over wifi.
(2013-07-25, 01:14)budgettech Wrote: Has anyone actually tested this box out? I have some reservations about some of their products..

1) The Rockchip 3188 dongles etc seem like they are just an overpriced copy of the cx-919, qc802 etc except that they are (who cares) pre-installed with xbmc. I personally have yet to find an xbmc version that plays smoothly on any RK3188 device.

2) Is the Samsung Exynos version (for around $250) really light years ahead of the RK's?

3) Is there a "Video & Gaming ROM" for the dual-core devices? And is the one on the Exoon website just borrowed from freaktab?

4) Are there any other devices using the Samsung processor?

$250 for a android device that doesn't do HD audio and only outputs at 60fps?!? For that price range you can get a Intel NUC that will blow any android device away in terms of raw power and features.

Sad thing is that people will buy them...
Obviously then nothing in the Exoon lineup is worth the money. I just got intrigued because it was the first one I came across with a samsung chip. Maybe for personal use the ouya will do the trick until the dual-antenna octacore dongles come around lol..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exoon Q2 with Samsung Exynos0