Cheapest option to replace an old Acer Aspire Revo
I have one of the first gen Acer Aspire Revo's running my livingroom.

Probably going to retire it to my bedroom (to replace the failed experiment that the apple tv 2 was) and get a new system for my livingroom. It is starting to have some problems on 1080p playback (especially files with good audio tracks). My bedroom TV is just a 720p Plasma that I don't run thru a audio receiver, so I don't care about DTS-HD MA or any of hte complex surround sound codecs on that TV.

My livingroom has a onkyo 5.1 system that supports Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Digital... What would be the best system to buy to replace the acer with (I just need it to stream from my home server).

Edit: Should also be able to take an IR remote's input (Harmony Programmable).
Cheapest and the most headache free? I think people really forget about support and set-up. Raspberry Pi or Pivos Xios . If you plan on using a Harmony I think you'll be very pleased with the Pivos.
I think after a revo you'll be disappointed with a rpi or similar. If you can find a later revo 3700 then grab it. Make sure it is ion2 (often described as new generation ion). Also zotac have a box that has a nvidia gt610 on board.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cheapest option to replace an old Acer Aspire Revo0