How To Block Add-On Updates?
I recently uninstalled several Add-Ons that I don't need/use in XBMC and it removed them from my system (like The Movies DB, Weather Underground, etc.). However, today when I loaded XBMC it gave me "Update Available" notice for all these add-ons and then reinstalled all of them.

How do I block this from happening once I remove them again?

Thnx
these are shipped with the application. they are used as fallbacks and such. if you are certain you want to remove them you have to nuke em from the app install folder as well. no mention of platform but /usr/lib/xbmc on linux programfiles on windows etc.
Thanks for the info. Would you mind being a bit more specific here? I found a directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.
+1 on this Spiff please advise windows directort C://users/whatever/appdata/roaming/xbmc/ Huh
(2013-08-04, 10:06)spiff Wrote: these are shipped with the application. they are used as fallbacks and such. if you are certain you want to remove them you have to nuke em from the app install folder as well. no mention of platform but /usr/lib/xbmc on linux programfiles on windows etc.

They are used as fallback?
What is that? And fallback to what?? Instead of manual deletion of some files from an app folder, expected behaviour would be something like this:

While those Addons are shipped with XBMC and not uninstalled they should auto-update. In the case those addons are uninstalled they shouldn't be updated but re-installed (via Addon manager) if needed again.

For manual deletion: Look for the addons folder
(2013-08-07, 14:46)Robotica Wrote:
(2013-08-04, 10:06)spiff Wrote: these are shipped with the application. they are used as fallbacks and such. if you are certain you want to remove them you have to nuke em from the app install folder as well. no mention of platform but /usr/lib/xbmc on linux programfiles on windows etc.

They are used as fallback?
What is that? And fallback to what?? Instead of manual deletion of some files from an app folder, expected behaviour would be something like this:

While those Addons are shipped with XBMC and not uninstalled they should auto-update. In the case those addons are uninstalled they shouldn't be updated but re-installed (via Addon manager) if needed again.

For manual deletion: Look for the addons folder

There are two addon folders in windows the one in your appdata folder and the one in the xbmc installation folder.
yes, exactly what i said.... some are shipped with the app and are in the app installation folder. the rest you install and they are in the app data folder.
they are used as fallbacks; we need a default movie scraper we know is there, we need a default weather provider we know is there aso.

i don't care what you think is normal and expected robotica, as you have proven time and again that you are a complete nutcase.
The op doesn't need those addons. That why he removed them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How To Block Add-On Updates?0