• 47(current)
Release IPTV Merge
Hey Matt,
I'm looking at getting genre's to appear in Simple IPTV. The source xml I input has the genre listed like this
Code:
<category lang="en">Series</category>
Β Is there anyway to output to a IPTV Simple friendly code during merge? Β 
Code:
<genre genreId="0x30">Series</genre>
It appears IPTV Merge does pass this date through untouched.
Bit of a newbie question... I use m3u4u service and I read in their guides to use this addon to avoid too many requests on their system.
I configured it, it works.

My question concerns the update process. I have set the addon to Merge every X hours, setting the update period to 24 hours.

The machine, a Windows HTPC, is not on 24/7. When I'm not using it, it is in standby. So the question is: does IPTV Merge take this into consideration and run the merge process if more than 24 hours have passed since last time or does it need the machine to be on for 24+ hours to do that. If the latter, I would need to remember doing it manually. When merging I suppose the playlist and epg from m3u4u gets called and downloaded, and then merged and IPTV Simple uses it, correct?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2024-01-31, 17:20)ashlar Wrote: Bit of a newbie question... I use m3u4u service and I read in their guides to use this addon to avoid too many requests on their system.
I configured it, it works.

My question concerns the update process. I have set the addon to Merge every X hours, setting the update period to 24 hours.

The machine, a Windows HTPC, is not on 24/7. When I'm not using it, it is in standby. So the question is: does IPTV Merge take this into consideration and run the merge process if more than 24 hours have passed since last time or does it need the machine to be on for 24+ hours to do that. If the latter, I would need to remember doing it manually. When merging I suppose the playlist and epg from m3u4u gets called and downloaded, and then merged and IPTV Simple uses it, correct?
Anyone that knows this?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Despite having local m3u and a local guide IPTV Merge STILL does an http callout to m3u4u. I have never added m3u4u as a url host. Why is it doing this? I don't want it to contact the site I want it to use the local files since they are Curl'd on a schedule.
do they have an epg url in the m3u8 file? If yes - then it will be grabbing the EPG.
Remove that from the m3u8 file
(2024-02-03, 02:44)matthuisman Wrote: do they have an epg url in the m3u8 file? If yes - then it will be grabbing the EPG.
Remove that from the m3u8 file
That was happening to me, yes.

I hope somebody can shed some light on my question above regarding merge frequency.
To answer frequently question. It doesn't matter if Kodi is on or off
(2024-02-05, 03:29)matthuisman Wrote: To answer frequently question. It doesn't matter if Kodi is on or off
Thanks a lot for confirming. So it's like a timer. If it's "expired" the update is done as soon as the machine is back on. Good to know and the behavior I was hoping for. Cheers and thanks for the addon, really useful!
I've created a Kodi addon that makes managing M3U categories. With this addon, you can input your login details for up to four different services. It then gathers content from these services and sorts them into categories. These categories are displayed as a simple list in Kodi. You can pick which categories you want, and the addon generates a personalized M3U playlist with only those selections. The playlist is saved to a folder of your choice on your device so you can point Simple client at the MΒ£U. You can also refresh the playlist from the settings menu, and I'm working on adding this feature to the context menu for convenience. Would this be of use to people?"
Is there anyway that this addon can convert/clean <category lang="en">News</category> found in an epg xml to Kodi friendly Genre ID on merge?Β 
Language is dynamic so <category lang="en">Sports</category> would be <category lang="es">Deporte</category>
@matthuisman

This recent story on a UK website says at the end, that Samsung are going to introduce mandatory registration for their Samsung TV Plus service:

https://rxtvinfo.com/2024/non-stop-graha...us-update/

Could this affect your Samsung+ Kodi add-on and the associated m3u8 playlists?

The article does not say if this registration will apply just to the UK, or all regions.
Just curious @matthuisman and I wasn't sure if this was posted anywhere else:

I'm the 'Playback Quality' settings, there's both an option to Disable as well as an option to Bypass.

What are the differences between those two?

Btw thank you for an amazing add on and it's ability to handle IPTV services rather seamlessly!
@inihendrix https://www.matthuisman.nz/2019/09/new-q...d-ons.html Smile
(2024-03-02, 00:50)matthuisman Wrote: @inihendrix https://www.matthuisman.nz/2019/09/new-q...d-ons.html Smile

THIS IS AWESOME! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thank you! I can't believe I want able to find this page, this is definitely what I needed and now I can set up my Custom option appropriately and change my default to Bypass (instead of currently Disabled) which will give me the exact control I was trying to set up. Amazing!
Hello all,

I am running Kodi v21.0 on a Google TV and have IPTV Simple Client v21.8.4 and IPTV Merge v0.25.5 installed.

I have multiple problems but I will begin with the first one.

When I startup Kodi, IPTV Merge runs as "Merge every x hours" has been activated by expired hours.

Once it completes if I go to the "TV" section of Kodi I get a blank screen in the right hand pane.

Another problem is that IPTV Merge is not showing status updates when performing a merge when "Merge every x hours" has been activated by expired hours. On the other hand when Manually running a merge it shows status updates in the top right corner of the screen. This makes it difficult for me to know if the merge has been performed.

Also, the "Importing Guide from Clients" which should happen after the Merge is not occurring (therefore EPG is not updated) after performing a merge when "Merge every x hours" has been activated by expired hours. On the other hand when Manually running a merge the "Importing Guide from Clients" occurs and the EPG is filled with information.

This problem has been around for a long time (at least since Kodi v20.2).

I have searched the forums and this thread and don't see any others reporting similar problems but I suspect that it is only happening on the Android version of Kodi.

I would appreciate some help regarding these problems as everytime I start Kodi I have to:
  1. Open Kodi
  2. Let IPTV Merge fully run
  3. Kill the Kodi task
  4. Open Kodi and immediately go to "System/PVR & Live TV/Guide" and select "Updates/Clear Data" (If I leave it too long the Clear Data is unresponsive and doesn't run)
  5. Wait for "Importing Guide from Clients" to run to populate the EPG
As you would appreciate this is a tedious and time consuming workaround every time I want to watch "TV" in Kodi.

Regards,

fbagnato
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Merge0