Help needed please.
Hi everyone.

I've bought the following hardware to make my own htpc.

2x2gb OCZ 1600mhz ram
AMD a65400k
PicoPsu power supply (150w)
FM2-A75IA-E53 motherboard
60gb ssd
m350 case (had to cut and extend the led/power switch cables since they were 2cm short!)

The problem is the following.

I've placed everything into the case, connected the ssd, and power pins, etc.

When I plug the machine, the CPU fan comes into life, as well as the blue lights from the led case. So does the hard drive (I've tested this with a hdd)

However when I enter my HDMI cable to start Installing windows and everything, there's no signal! Scren is black and the no signal message pops up

Everything is running as soon as I plug the connector to the PC, hard drive, cpu fan, (even the apu, since it heat starts coming from it). (Without pressing the on/off switch)

Any ideas?
Am I overlooking something?
Thanks!
Did you plug in the 4-pin power?
Plug the hdmi on befote you turn it on.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
4 pin being the CPU yes.
I've done the hdmi unplug and plug thing.

Btw I'm not even turning the computer on, I just plug the power cord and fan led and hdd starts running!
Check the wiring you did.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Wireing was for the led light and power switch!

Led light is on, switch button didn't even need to press it since everything starts running as soon as I plug the PC!
Make sure the power switch on your pc is working correctly and is connected to the right pins on your motherboard I don't think it should start up right away.
I know, but one problem at the time!
I'm going nuts with the hdmi!
Yes but if the power switch is always trying to turn on the computer that could affect the hdmi. Did you try a VGA or Dvi cable on a monitor to check if it is your cable or video card?
Does vga work?
I'll try and get a DVI cable tomorrow since I don't have one atm
What about vga?
Don't have any other cable than HDMI.
Just bought a new ram stick.
That did the trick.
Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed please.1