Open elec Pi with MySQL database
Morning all,

for the first time i have delved into a Pi for my sons birthday, until now my setup is:

3tb Unraid server
1tb Windows 7 Serving files
3 Asus EeePC's
3 Various winds 7 /8 laptops
Shared mysql server hosted on unraid server.

So i ordered i pi with open elec pre installed on it and that arrived yesterday.

I set a static IP, enabled webserver and imported my advancedsettings.xml with my database details in and restarted the Pi.

Everything looked great, thumbnails all shown for recently added episodes, all films present etc... However, when i try to play anything i get the file is no longer available remove from library prompt.

Is there something obvious i have missed?

Thanks

Ben
First of all check if you've got the latest version of Openelec.

Funny enough they released another version Openelec 3.1.6
and take it from me its the best OS and the fastest right now for Raspberry Pi.

grab the file from here
http://openelec.tv/

plus its easier to connect to wifi and stuff on the new build.
As good as 3.1.6 is, it's still a testing version - stick with 3.0.6 if you want to stay on the release track.

As for the problem accessing media, we need to see a debug log (wiki).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-08-21, 14:36)MilhouseVH Wrote: As good as 3.1.6 is, it's still a testing version - stick with 3.0.6 if you want to stay on the release track.

As for the problem accessing media, we need to see a debug log (wiki).

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=48270

Thanks for the pointer
I only see you trying to play "special://skin/extras/Intro/XBMC-Intro-Video.mkv" and I have no idea what that is, if it exists, or why you are trying to play it (are you using an add on like Cinema Experience)? Just use stock Confluence to confirm if your movies are playing or not, if it works in Confluence then it's a skin/addon problem.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-08-22, 23:38)MilhouseVH Wrote: I only see you trying to play "special://skin/extras/Intro/XBMC-Intro-Video.mkv" and I have no idea what that is, if it exists, or why you are trying to play it (are you using an add on like Cinema Experience)? Just use stock Confluence to confirm if your movies are playing or not, if it works in Confluence then it's a skin/addon problem.

Hi, yes sorry that was a modded skin that had an intro, i have now returned to confluence as suggested and tried to view the films but still no joy with the same error, but interestingly, like you say, the log shows no failed attempt to connect.

I have now also tried to simplify the setup by removing the advancedsettings.xml thus ignoring the mysql database, i then manually tried to add the sources but they show no content... most confused.

Thanks for your response though!
did you setup for files as smb shares? did you use netbios name or ip address?

heres the wiki i used to set everything up
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...sing_MySQL
and
http://www.howtogeek.com/75535/how-to-sy...with-xbmc/

do you have the same versions on both pc's?
I am having the same problem on openelec 5.95.3 ... It shows my entire library but when I click on anything it gives me the "file not found" error...

As a note: I am running Kodi on the desktop (that runs the mysql server) and: 1 surfacepro (windows 10), 1 laptop (windows 7) and XBMCbuntu (linux) without a problem. For some reason the raspberry pi is the only one that has this problem.
Numus, upload a debug log (wiki).
(2015-08-02, 05:11)Milhouse Wrote: Numus, upload a debug log (wiki).

So now my XBMCbuntu is doing it to...

http://xbmclogs.com/p68osi0lx#line-423

that is the log file for it. note I am not sure why it says USER and APSSWORD in teh username and password. since they are kodi and kodi (both in the advancedsettings.xml

Edit: I ran another log and here is what I am seeing

SMBFile->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://192.168.1.2/HD%20Movies/J/Joe%20Dirt%20(2001).mp4'
unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'
23:44:03 T:2650794816 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [smb://192.168.1.2/HD Movies/J/Joe Dirt (2001).mp4]

Which is strange because it shouldnt be permission denied (since I can go to Video-> File and open it and it plays fine.

http://xbmclogs.com/p4piuehuy - Updated log that shows Joe Dirt being played.

23:46:23 T:2635275072 DEBUG: CSMBFile::Open - opened HD Movies/J/Joe Dirt (2001).mp4, fd=10001
USER/PASSWORD obfuscation in the log is normal.

Couple of things to try/check:

1) Is the smb server a Windows machine? Try rebooting it, this usually fixes most problems...
2) If the smb share requires authentication, have you configured passwords.xml on all Kodi clients?
(2015-08-02, 06:07)Milhouse Wrote: USER/PASSWORD obfuscation in the log is normal.

Couple of things to try/check:

1) Is the smb server a Windows machine? Try rebooting it, this usually fixes most problems...
2) If the smb share requires authentication, have you configured passwords.xml on all Kodi clients?

Bingo... passwords.xml had to be changed from Eric-Desktop to the ip address...

May want to include that in the wiki for windows SMB?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Open elec Pi with MySQL database0