Best quality hardware for big screen
Hi
I am looking for a standalone for my dedicated cinema room with projector
For years I used a dedicated HTPC but got fed up with problems so bought a Samsung bluray/media player which is brilliant! Better quality than my expensive HTPC which stood unused for years until I started to use Openelec just for XBMC.
Then bought a Raspberry Pi but think the PQ is poor and it locks up. Is there something else that will visually and sonically perform the same as my bluray if all I want is XBMC streaming only

Thanks
What is your price range?

two options really
Ouya -android
NUC - x86 system
Any of these makes the Pi feel like a Toy.

Have a look at this thread
Intel NUC - HTPC possibilities
and this thread
Cheapest NUC I've come across COMPARED to Ouya UK
The difference between a NUC and android is about £80
If you plan on keeping the system for years then get the NUC

Theres going to be a new NUC released in a few weeks that is monster and will be future prrof for a while.

My advice get the NUC - hassle free system. Only get the Ouya if funds are limited at the moment. Everything else is hit and miss and frustration. my two cents
NUC looks interesting
I only want Xbmc so for this I would use openelec. Only problem I found with this was not being able to set correct video levels, 16-235, as it defaults stupidly to rgb.
Only other problem is AAC audio conversion.
Don't need storage or disc drive or wireless. So small sad is ample

Quite like the idea do the Ouya but not sure on its capabilities. Looks like support is improving daily though

Thanks, food for thought
If you want something small with an Nvidia GPU built-in, consider this barebones
(2013-08-22, 17:10)Dougie Fresh Wrote: If you want something small with an Nvidia GPU built-in, consider this barebones

thanks
doesnt have to be nvidia just something that will allow easy control over colour space
apparently xbmc works better with nvidia and supposed to allow this option

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best quality hardware for big screen0