Unable to connect to remote server
Hello Everyone,

I'm terribly sorry to create another thread on that subject as there is already a lot of them, but after days of research, I still didn't manage to get me out of trouble Smile

I created my library a week ago, all went perfectly (I have a hard drive behind my raspberry pi) but then, here comes the issue, I had the great idea of renaming my HD (which had a factory setting name). Since that day, my library is invalidated. I tried to edit my sources (with the new name), delete and recreate it, ... but each time I try to update it, I get the following message : "Unable to connect to remote server" (I use tvdb scrapper).

I already read a message from someone with the same issue who resolved it by renaming back the source, the fact is I have no more idea of what the previous name was....

Do you have any idea that will save me from resetting all my settings?

Thanks a lot for all you answer, and sorry for my ignorance.

Lionel
Something just occured,

I renamed my HD with the name "PI", I hope this is not some kind of reserved word...

Thanks again for your answer.

Lionel
debug log (wiki) required.

Sounds like an internet connection problem though, check your router. Make sure you can ping remote server (eg. ping 8.8.8.8 or ping tvdb.com) from the Pi.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you for your answer MilhouseVH,

Sorry for the logs, I should indeed have started there... Please find my xbmc.log file here.

The error message from the logs is the following :
00:01:04 T:3020039264 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 6
00:01:04 T:3020039264 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.

Concerning the ping, both are successful. (I'm not sure how to do this from the pi, did it from my laptop)

Another clue to resolve my issue, I formated my sd card and made a fresh openelec install this time (hoping to see some changes) with the idea to recreate my librairies from scratch, but it to my great despair, it didn't resolve it...

This is really odd, just to sum this up again, the first time I installed xbmc, all went fine, I renamed my HD, added some movies, wanted to refresh my librairy : "unable to connect to remote host", made a fresh installed, same error.

No idea what change between the first and second install, except from the name of the hard drive...

Again thank you all for all your answers, leads, ... I begin to be short of ideas...

Lionel
(2013-08-26, 09:54)Lyonel Wrote: Sorry for the logs, I should indeed have started there... Please find my xbmc.log file here.

That's not a debug log, so is pretty useless. Enable debugging.

(2013-08-26, 09:54)Lyonel Wrote: Concerning the ping, both are successful. (I'm not sure how to do this from the pi, did it from my laptop)

Not interested in your laptop, you need to run ping on the Pi as this is the device with the problem! Open an SSH connection to the Pi (username root, password openelec). On Windows, use PuTTY to establish the SSH connection.

(2013-08-26, 09:54)Lyonel Wrote: No idea what change between the first and second install, except from the name of the hard drive...

I really can't think why renaming your HDD would cause internet problems. I could understand it messing up an existing library, as the mount point for the drive would most likely change, but since that doesn't seem to be the problem and you've started from scratch I can't see the connection myself. Besides, the "remote host" errors are indicative of an internet problem and nothing to do with local media.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
You were right on the first place, I'm unable to ping anything outside my network ! I excluded this lead as my pi managed to get an update... (I begin to wonder if it wasn't from a previous install Sad )

I'll check all my settings before coming back here...

Sorry for the waste of time and thank you for the support, shame on me !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to connect to remote server0