Req Enhancement to the Universal Movie Scraper
Hi scraper developers

Would it be at all possible to add functionality to the scraper that if a nfo is present but doesn't contain all the information such as sets, then the scraper will scrape the missing nfo? For example I have used ember to create nfos but with no set information as I was hoping the scraper would go and get that info from themoviedb.org. More on my issue here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171429&page=2

Be great if this could be considered.

TIA
Dunno anything about developing, but I do know that it's a Scraper, and it Scrapes the info from Themoviedb.org. Not a scrapper, nor does it scrap the info. Scrapping the info would be like you manually deleting the files. Happy holidays!
LOL - very good.

OK so now I've edited this, maybe I'll get a decent reply :p
The problem with this is that some people might simply not specify a specific tag in the NFO file because they don't want to fill any information for that metadata. How is the scraper to know what information was left out intentionally and what should be filled in nonetheless?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
there could be a setting that enables "filling out missing info".
- enabled: scraper fills in everything that is missing
- disabled: nothing is filled in

or more complicated: handle empty tags as "don't fill this in"
@hairy Hippy: Have you tried putting the link to the movie on TMDB at the very end of your NFO file? That should tell XBMC to look for movie details from the specified URL but overwriting any properties specified in the NFO.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@Montellese - I was actually going to test that when I got a chance as I suspected this given the very brief NFOs I used to use with literally just Certification and/or imdb id plus imdb url this worked. Bit of a pain to add that to a +1000 nfo files though and therefore was hoping for a little automation per wsnipex's suggestion.
@Montellese - Yes adding the url to the bottom of the Ember generated nfo works. This is what I am not understanding though, so if a film doesn't have the certification rating on imdb and I add that to an nfo and also add the url, the scraper knows to get the right info from the url in the nfo but then will replace missing info from the nfo? If that's right, then how about the other way around too?
Perhaps I can ask the Ember developers to add to the nfo generation script to add the url as well as the info it scrapes? Again this seems a little overkill rather than the universal scraper or default for that matter trying to search for missing info.

Oh and @Montellese I actually put the imdb url in my nfo and it still got the set info from TMDB in my test above. Again, I used to have some nfos with some basic info in them such as certification, as for some reason imdb doesn't always have that but the BBFC does, plus the imdb url and this worked perfectly well. So it's not as if the scraper doesn't know to use some info in the nfo as well as go and get the rest but it just doesn't work when the is a "full" nfo generated by Ember (this is the piece that confuses me).
(2013-09-16, 18:38)Hairy Hippy Wrote: Perhaps I can ask the Ember developers to add to the nfo generation script to add the url as well as the info it scrapes? Again this seems a little overkill rather than the universal scraper or default for that matter trying to search for missing info.

Seems they've already thought of it to an extent.. Smile

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1508770
Read this

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enhancement to the Universal Movie Scraper0