Restartapp Mac w/ Harmony?
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to program XBMC to restart on wake with my Macbook? I've had lots of problems with sound, losing focus, the spinning loading on shows/movies, etc and it's all fixed with an app restart. Is there a way to automate this? I know there is a remote.xml file that has the Restartapp function, but not sure how to get my Harmony remote to call the command. Sorry if this is a dumb question, just trying to connect the dots on this.

Or if there is some script I can run on wakeup? I saw a post about a batch file folks were running on windows, is there some kind of terminal commands I can run on wakeup or program a remote key to run it?

Thanks for your help!
If you login to the MacBook you could set xbmc as a login item. Would only work if you have the computer set to log you out in sleep mode though.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
You can use SleepWatcher to run scripts when system is suspended and resumed from it.
So this is my fix so far...

I set a command in the keymap.xml to a remote button I never use, programmed the Harmony remote to hit that button when I hit the power button. Then when I want to watch TV again, I just have the remote hit the play button which fires up XBMC and makes it work... Not the cleanest solution, but it should appease the wife.
I also quit XBMC between sessions, but only because it won't let my mac sleep if I leave it running. I hit the Menu button on the Harmony remote to wake up the mac, then hit it again a moment later to start XBMC. I didn't do anything special to make that work, just crunched buttons a bit and found it. It's so easy to hit the button twice I never bothered to find a one-touch solution.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Restartapp Mac w/ Harmony?0