server with 6 hdds
Here a question that Iwould really like to have answered. How many hours daily or weekly do you spent for your server?

I mean like maintenance, updating libary and things like that just to keep your server running.

And another question. I just build up my xbmc libary. I spent a lot of time adding all the imdb tt# and covers manually to the movie folders. How do I get all this together in my libary? The movie with the cover and in the language that I want. A link to set up the perfect libary, please. ;-)
(2013-08-30, 17:59)CronosTitan Wrote: Here a question that Iwould really like to have answered. How many hours daily or weekly do you spent for your server?

I mean like maintenance, updating libary and things like that just to keep your server running.

That's going to vary for every user, I'm often adding sources and tinkering generally, add actually watching/listening to media ... maybe 4-6 hours a day, but not necessarily everyday. I could not administrate at all, and they'd be no reason for it not to work ..

(2013-08-30, 17:59)CronosTitan Wrote: And another question. I just build up my xbmc libary. I spent a lot of time adding all the imdb tt# and covers manually to the movie folders. How do I get all this together in my libary? The movie with the cover and in the language that I want. A link to set up the perfect libary, please. ;-)

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_management

I thought the default addon uses themoviedb.org and very rarely fails me. Edit your video source, and ensure you've selected themoviedb as a scraper.
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
4-6 hours a day, man. That a lot. You give real good advice here. Thanks for that. Then my kids will have a new father soon and I have to find a lawyer, if a server takes so much time. :-)
hahaha ... I work in hosting, so there's always something that 'needs' doing! Wink
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
(2013-08-30, 17:59)CronosTitan Wrote: Here a question that Iwould really like to have answered. How many hours daily or weekly do you spent for your server?

And another question. I just build up my xbmc libary. I spent a lot of time adding all the imdb tt# and covers manually to the movie folders. How do I get all this together in my libary? The movie with the cover and in the language that I want. A link to set up the perfect libary, please. ;-)

For me,..it's maybe 10 minutes a month.
As I said, I run unRaid,..and like you want to do, I don't keep it running 24/7. I did at one point but stopped.
The maintenance for me involves bringing up the browser (when it's on) and checking to make sure I see a nice green Christmas tree of lights.
I haven't added to my library in a while,...but that time is insignificant because I run that overnight if necessary.

As far as labels/covers. You're doing that manually? Yikes,....
Use the Addon that searches for posters and copy them to a local drive.

I run my server 24/7 and spend about 30 minutes or less a week. My server is adding stuff just about everyday. I use a cache drive which stores the added files temporarily and the server will then move those files to the correct folder on my drives every morning at 1 am.

As far as keeping my artwork up to date I use what is in XBMC. Settings/Video/Library/export video library. I then use the separate and do not overwrite files. Doing it this way will let XBMC export actors fanart, movie art and tv art, plus the nfo for the media ( TV or Movie). As an add on I use artwork downloader and configure that to your usage.

If I am not happy with the results I can always manually change the nfo file..Example I have all of the James Bond movies, but the folders are called by the movie name so in XBMC library I have 007 movies all over. I manually changed the nfo in each movie from
Code:
<title> Diamonds Are Forever or whatever the 007 movie is called</title>
to
Code:
<title>James Bond: Diamonds Are Forever or whatever the 007 movie is called</title>
This way in XBMC when I look through my library I now see all the 007 movies together. Works for me.

(2013-08-30, 18:56)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: As far as labels/covers. You're doing that manually? Yikes,....
Use the Addon that searches for posters and copy them to a local drive.

Let your Unraid move that stuff. no need to manually do it.
+1 to Harro.

I maybe spend 5-10 minutes a day - but that's checking for new packages (I could do this less frequently, it's merely that the server sits beside my desk when I go to work since I work from home), checking the schedules for upcoming things to record (BBC HD, mostly - well, it'd be rude not to, since there are no adverts), checking any overnight jobs (e.g. Handbrake encodes). The pure server admin side it trivial.

In terms of updating the library... well, you need to do that wherever you store your media, and that's a function of how much and how often you change your files. Once they're in, though, I export as Harro does and the NFOs and artwork are then squirreled away on the next rsync backup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
server with 6 hdds2