• 6(current)
CuBox-i a new possibility?
I would love to know a few things:
1. How does it perform on 1080P files with hardware accel?
2. Sound over HDMI and what is supported in GeeXbox
3. How does it do when using software decode for HI10P files (Im at work so I can't provide a sample)
4. How well does the IR word with a unversal controller? Is it the usual LIRC that you use or something else?

Thanks!
Ok, stumbled at the first hurdle. I don;t have a 4GB micro SD card :-( I have 3 2GB ones, but thats it.

I'll try and get one today. Everything else is in place. :-)

Oh, and its a Cubox i2 ultra I have.

Stuart.
Alright man I'm sitting on edge waiting for your results Smile
is there a way to boot from a faster USB drive , i would love for it to boot from a minature Sandisk drive
u-boot I do believe

I also just saw on Facebook that Solid-Run hired a "community manager" to handle all forums/online/social questions and requests.

Good sign I hope!
Well, my initial thoughts are: awesome product! It does seem a lot more responsive than the PI of which I'm used to.

I was about to test the Aeon Nox skin on it, which I tried on the PI but it was too slow for it, but the GUI seems to have hung while its updating the video library.... so I'll test it in the morning.

I have tested a 3GB movie and it played without any issues at all. Media info below.
Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
Resolution: 1280x720
Frame rate: 23.976215
Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Thats it for now.

S.
Try out the IR Receiver if you can please! You might want to try a few skins like Aeon NOx and maybe XPerience1080 etc.

And again thanks for the feedback. I'm really hoping for this to be it Smile
I'm eagerly awaiting the further test results CascadeEffect!
I hope i'll get mine ( CuBox-i4Pro ) before X-Mas and would love to test black's xperience1080 then report back.
What OS are you running on the i? I haven't read in a while have the issues been worked out for openelec for this unit yet?
No openelec support yet - geexbox / stephans images seem to be your options at the moment
(2013-12-18, 18:46)Maharajamd Wrote: I also just saw on Facebook that Solid-Run hired a "community manager" to handle all forums/online/social questions and requests. Good sign I hope!
Unfortunately I would interpret that as a bad sign if you know the history on how poorly SolidRun handled the community in regards to the original CuBox, and the fact that they got to be into their fourth or fifth "community/marketing manager" now, with all their previous people holding that position at SolidRun each quitting after a very short time.

You can read a little of the back-story in these two threads on their old forum to get, see http://www.solid-run.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=778 and http://www.solid-run.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=714 and you might get why some of us do not trust in SolidRun as a company.

Their engineers make great hardware, but SolidRun as a company offer horrible software and community support, with next to no communication.

I said it before of their forums, SolidRun would need to change their name and rebrand their product, and only sell them their products as development kits, for me to recommend their products.
I honestly believe they created cubox-i to try and distance themselves from cubox. new site, new forums, etc. After reading the cubox forums its a wonder how anyone would purchase something from them out of the gate. good luck to the guinea pigs. Does cubox-i have an actual working image for their hardware or are they relying on the community?
They'd probably have chosen a different name if they were trying to distance themselves from the original cubox, draztik..
(2013-12-20, 15:21)nikotime Wrote: They'd probably have chosen a different name if they were trying to distance themselves from the original cubox, draztik..

No, That would put them in an even worse light. Everyone knows who the owner/devs/CEO or whatever are as it would be difficult to hide.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CuBox-i a new possibility?5