Beta Media Maintenance
@Lunatixz, I was wondering if there are plans for updating this to Python3 for Matrix?  I peeked in your Github and didn't see a repo for Media Maintenance, so I couldn't figure out from there if it was being worked on.  I was looking through the code to see what it would take to add TV Maze support (for marking shows as watched), and I noticed the addon is using urllib2.  I hadn't used that before, and when I searched the web for it I found it got split up into pieces for Python3 (which you probably already know).

Anyway, if you aren't planning to migrate it, that's OK.  I can probably stumble through the code and get it updated for myself.  Matrix is obviously a bit away yet, so I'd have plenty of time to cuss and yell as I learn.  '-)

Thanks.
(2020-05-27, 06:01)pkscout Wrote: @Lunatixz, I was wondering if there are plans for updating this to Python3 for Matrix?  I peeked in your Github and didn't see a repo for Media Maintenance, so I couldn't figure out from there if it was being worked on.  I was looking through the code to see what it would take to add TV Maze support (for marking shows as watched), and I noticed the addon is using urllib2.  I hadn't used that before, and when I searched the web for it I found it got split up into pieces for Python3 (which you probably already know).

Anyway, if you aren't planning to migrate it, that's OK.  I can probably stumble through the code and get it updated for myself.  Matrix is obviously a bit away yet, so I'd have plenty of time to cuss and yell as I learn.  '-)

Thanks.

All my plugins will be refactored for py3 and matrix... I'll look into TV Maze, if you'd like to contribute to the project it would be appreciated. Repository is here.

I'm aware of urlib2, I will be using six to handle the difference between py2 and py3.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2020-05-27, 08:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-05-27, 06:01)pkscout Wrote: @Lunatixz, I was wondering if there are plans for updating this to Python3 for Matrix?  I peeked in your Github and didn't see a repo for Media Maintenance, so I couldn't figure out from there if it was being worked on.  I was looking through the code to see what it would take to add TV Maze support (for marking shows as watched), and I noticed the addon is using urllib2.  I hadn't used that before, and when I searched the web for it I found it got split up into pieces for Python3 (which you probably already know).

Thanks.

All my plugins will be refactored for py3 and matrix... I'll look into TV Maze, if you'd like to contribute to the project it would be appreciated. Repository is here.

I'm aware of urlib2, I will be using six to handle the difference between py2 and py3. 
Thanks for the info.  I've got the TV Maze support built for marking shows as watched.  I'm not sure yet how to use TV Maze as the source for monitored shows (it looks like that is possible with one of the other services).  I'll submit what I have done as a PR today.  Oh, and TV Maze unfortunately requires a subscription to use the marking functionality.  There is a free 30 day trial (which I'm in now).  For me, it'll probably be worth it because I have another script that checks on shows I've tagged and schedules recordings on my DVR once they become available (and marks them as acquired when the DVR records them). Plus a *third* script that will generate kodi media stubs based on tagged shows.  I'm not sure it would be worth it just to manage the monitor list and mark shows as watched, but with all the other stuff, it probably is for me.

BTW, I found a bug where if you have a TV Show with commas in it, it can't be monitored.  And it seems to cause havoc with the select all option.  I'll include the fix I made for that, but it is a breaking fix.  I changed the delimiter for shows from a comma to :&: (if there is a show with those three characters in a row in it's name, I will eat my computer).  That meant clearing all the monitored shows and then reselecting them.
Tongue 
(2020-05-28, 00:26)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-05-27, 08:54)Lunatixz Wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks for the info.  I've got the TV Maze support built for marking shows as watched.  I'm not sure yet how to use TV Maze as the source for monitored shows (it looks like that is possible with one of the other services).  I'll submit what I have done as a PR today.  Oh, and TV Maze unfortunately requires a subscription to use the marking functionality.  There is a free 30 day trial (which I'm in now).  For me, it'll probably be worth it because I have another script that checks on shows I've tagged and schedules recordings on my DVR once they become available (and marks them as acquired when the DVR records them). Plus a *third* script that will generate kodi media stubs based on tagged shows.  I'm not sure it would be worth it just to manage the monitor list and mark shows as watched, but with all the other stuff, it probably is for me.

BTW, I found a bug where if you have a TV Show with commas in it, it can't be monitored.  And it seems to cause havoc with the select all option.  I'll include the fix I made for that, but it is a breaking fix.  I changed the delimiter for shows from a comma to :&: (if there is a show with those three characters in a row in it's name, I will eat my computer).  That meant clearing all the monitored shows and then reselecting them. 

Cool, Thanks... I'll review the PR and cleanup some of the code... the project is a little old and I've already spotted some of my old code I don't like
Is this or anything like it working in Matrix?
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2020-08-13, 23:53)bobrap Wrote: Is this or anything like it working in Matrix?

Not yet, apparently. The conversion for Matrix is taking its time.

Quote:YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ

What's this all about? Huh

Thanks for your interest... I'm currently working on updating my addons to Matrix. However...

I'm starting with plugins already in Kodi's repository (ie. not this one)... Please install my beta repo to keep updated.
(2020-08-14, 00:44)Lunatixz Wrote:

Thanks for your interest... I'm currently working on updating my addons to Matrix. However...

I'm starting with plugins already in Kodi's repository (ie. not this one)... Please install my beta repo to keep updated.
Hoo boy. 58 addons to update before you even get to the ones in your beta repo? I do not envy you.
(2020-08-14, 03:22)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-08-14, 00:44)Lunatixz Wrote:

Hoo boy. 58 addons to update before you even get to the ones in your beta repo? I do not envy you.
LOL, yeah... IC your point. I personally use this plugin often so I'll bump up the priority...
(2020-08-14, 00:00)Klojum Wrote:

Not yet, apparently. The conversion for Matrix is taking its time.
Quote:YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ

What's this all about? Huh

A little cryptic phrase I saw hanging in a local bar when I was a kid.  Took me years to figure it out. Smile Very true what it says.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Hello-
There are some aspects of Kodi that are very clunky.  The deletion of media/updating the database is one of them.  Being a novice I struggled quite a bit yesterday but with enough googling I was able to install your repository.  I was able to load and configure the script (1.1.2D).  However when I went to enable it I get the message "The add-on is not compatible with this version of Kodi". 

I am running 18.9 on a raspberry pi 4.  Did I mess up the install or is the script not working with 18.9?

Thanks for reading.
Have you updated this utility for the v20 - Nexus version of Kodi. I had the downloaded and installed the addon from your KODI_Addons/zips/repository.lunatixz/repository.lunatixz-1.1.1.zip. It looks like it was for the Matrix version. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Maintenance0