Can't stream Airplay audio from Airfoil on Mac to Win7 XBMC (all others work)
Tried to fit all the info in the title (but mostly failed), just curious if anybody else is experiencing this rather odd and specific issue:

I can't stream Airplay audio from Airfoil on Mac to Win7 XBMC installations (v12.2), but every other iteration works. I have 2 PC's running Windows 7, a Mac Mini, and Macbook Pro all with XBMC Frodo (12.2), Airfoil and Airfoil Speakers installed (plus an ATV2 with Frodo). I've even tried with AirAudio on my Android and that works fine. These are the results:

Stream Airplay audio from Airfoil on either PC to Airfoil Speakers on either Mac. Result: Works!
Stream Airplay audio from iTunes on either PC to Airfoil Speakers on either Mac. Result: Works!
Stream Airplay audio from iTunes on either PC to XBMC on either Mac. Result: Works!
Stream Airplay audio from Airfoil on either PC to XBMC on either Mac. Result: Works!

Stream Airplay audio from Airfoil on either Mac to Airfoil Speakers on either PC. Result: Works!
Stream Airplay audio from iTunes on either Mac to Airfoil Speakers on PC. Result: Works! (but only after I allowed Airfoil under Public networks as well as private in the Firewall)
Stream Airplay audio from Airfoil on either Mac to XBMC on either PC. Result: Does NOT Work!, XBMC changes screens as if its about to play Airplay content but nothing ever plays on the screen (it looks like a song is just about to start, but nothing)
Stream Airplay audio from iTunes on either PC to XBMC on PC. Result: Does NOT Work! The XBMC clients don't even show up in the iTunes dropdown list of available Airplay clients.

Also streaming to the ATV2 seems to work fine. Here's a quick debug log of me trying to stream from Airfoil on my Mac to XBMC on a PC ( pastebin.com/AB9CSJMN ) in case anyone cares. Obviously this isn't the most pressing of issues since there's a clear work around, but I was just curious if anyone was experiencing a similar issue. Either with streaming Airplay from Airfoil on Mac to XBMC on PC or in getting XBMC installations to show up in iTunes for Airplay streaming.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't stream Airplay audio from Airfoil on Mac to Win7 XBMC (all others work)0