• 8(current)
Linux Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option.
I am now unsubscribed form this thread and wont be replying to this inflammatory and age old conversation which is utterly pointless. No one is making you do anything. If you so concerned with legalities stop using Kodi
Interesting you reply to something you aren't subscribed to.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
So many contradictions in your post I gotta break this one down:

(2015-05-25, 11:56)uNiversal Wrote: I am now unsubscribed form this thread and wont be replying to this inflammatory
I thought you already unsubscribed. And inflammatory? No one used any language stronger or more incendiary than you did in the first place. You sure don’t like being spoken to the way you speak to everyone else...

(2015-05-25, 11:56)uNiversal Wrote: and age old conversation which is utterly pointless.
You started this conversation champ... Is it now pointless because the answers you got were not what you wanted to hear? Or because you failed to understand them?

(2015-05-25, 11:56)uNiversal Wrote: No one is making you do anything.

Pointless much??

(2015-05-25, 11:56)uNiversal Wrote: If you so concerned with legalities stop using Kodi

I'll decide which legalities concern me, you just concern yourself with reading the whole articles and not just the sensationalist news headlines. And for your information there’s a big difference in the way mpaa etc/law enforcement/courts will view between breaking DRM for personal use and releasing code to the world that will circumvent a type of DRM forever.

But I do applaud you for not bringing Hitler and the Nazis into your arguments this time...
(2015-05-23, 18:32)uNiversal Wrote: I would like to understand is why some clever and talented developer hasnt added or started adding support for libaacs and whatever other necessary lib so that just like DVD's are currently handled in Kodi by dvdcss you would just insert a Bluray and not need makemkv or some other hacking around to play the bluray.

Maybe in a few years then.

This is all I said no more no less.

(2015-05-26, 10:13)teeedubb Wrote: You started this conversation champ... Is it now pointless because the answers you got were not what you wanted to hear? Or because you failed to understand them?

I did not.

You can go back on to my post above of my posts after and find where I said anything related to except to make clear I wasn't talking about that as my quote above from my post here makes clear

bye bye now.
(2015-05-25, 10:39)teeedubb Wrote:
(2015-05-25, 09:51)uNiversal Wrote:
(2015-05-25, 05:46)teeedubb Wrote: Sigh... I think you need to spend less time highlighting text and more time reading about the past... Let me phrase it this way for you - all the required libs "so that just like DVD's are currently handled in Kodi by dvdcss you would just insert a Bluray and not need makemkv or some other hacking around to play the bluray." are already included - except for the part that will get your house raided, computers and electronics seized, your ass dragged through the courts by a entity that has deep pockets and possibly get you thrown in jail.

I hope that helps you get the point....

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Lech_...rosecution

Sigh... I think you need to spend less time highlighting text and more time reading about that's its not illegal in all countries. Currently in UK its now allowed to make copies of what you own, so laws chnage all the time and quoting stuff from 12 years ago isnt necessarily the point either.

FACT 1 you can pop a retail DVD in Kodi and it will be played.
FACT 2 you cannot pop a retail Bluray in Kodi and play it (without hacking around with this crap)

Of which my post again is about making FACT 2 to as easy as FACT 1 without incurring the wrath of these sort of replies.

* uNiversal usubscribed

But its not legal to break DRM:

Quote:Media such as DVDs are often protected by anti-copying technology to guard against copyright piracy, and this is protected by law. Copyright owners will still be able to apply this protection. However, if copy protection is too restrictive, you may raise a complaint with the Secretary of State.

So do you agree that you need to break DRM to play a bluray on a unlicensed player?

*uNiversal misses the point again

Actually it's you that's missed the point.

DVDs - Play
Blurays - No Play

DVDs are protected exactly the same as Blurays in most countries.
(2015-06-04, 12:03)robo989 Wrote:
(2015-05-25, 10:39)teeedubb Wrote:
(2015-05-25, 09:51)uNiversal Wrote: Sigh... I think you need to spend less time highlighting text and more time reading about that's its not illegal in all countries. Currently in UK its now allowed to make copies of what you own, so laws chnage all the time and quoting stuff from 12 years ago isnt necessarily the point either.

FACT 1 you can pop a retail DVD in Kodi and it will be played.
FACT 2 you cannot pop a retail Bluray in Kodi and play it (without hacking around with this crap)

Of which my post again is about making FACT 2 to as easy as FACT 1 without incurring the wrath of these sort of replies.

* uNiversal usubscribed

But its not legal to break DRM:

Quote:Media such as DVDs are often protected by anti-copying technology to guard against copyright piracy, and this is protected by law. Copyright owners will still be able to apply this protection. However, if copy protection is too restrictive, you may raise a complaint with the Secretary of State.

So do you agree that you need to break DRM to play a bluray on a unlicensed player?

*uNiversal misses the point again

Actually it's you that's missed the point.

DVDs - Play
Blurays - No Play

DVDs are protected exactly the same as Blurays in most countries.

Congratulations, you’re capable of repeating what has been posted several times in the last 15 or so posts, a conversation that has been labelled as 'pointless' by the person who started it. You also added nothing to the original, albeit poorly thought out and constructed, question of "why some clever and talented developer hasnt added or started adding support for libaacs and whatever other necessary lib so that just like DVD's are currently handled in Kodi by dvdcss you would just insert a Bluray and not need makemkv or some other hacking around to play the bluray.". Good work.

If watching encrypted BD's in kodi is so important to yourself, stop whinging about why someone wont make your life easier, download a single text file or install some free software, delete a file then create some symlinks and be done with it. Its hardly 'hacking'.
For all OpenElec people:
http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/7796...l-oe-build
Excellent thank you.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Just replied to topic mentioned above, got it working with OpenELEC 6.0.0, using a combination of different solutions:

After a lot of sweat and searching, found the solution for Openelec 6.0.0

Compiled my own addon from source (use correct git's, links are not proper):
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9552

After this, installed the compiled addon zip in OpenELEC.
Started makemkv from SSH, to create folders (/storage/.Makemkv will be created)
To start makemkv, I entered this is SSH, to see some details about disc inserted:
Code:
makemkvcon info dev:/dev/sr0

In this folder, make a settings.conf file with the latest (beta) key:
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

Also I used the autostart.sh from OP, inserted a disc and voilá!

Compiled makemkv is here BTW (Hope this is allowed):
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/75xdduupddbaxno/lib.multimedia.makemkv-6.0.0.zip?dl=0

Ofcourse all credits go to original people :-)
I get this:

"makemkvcon.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
Installation on Ubuntu 16.04 (though will probably work for other versions):

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:heyarje/makemkv-beta
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install makemkv-bin makemkv-oss

cd /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
sudo rm libaacs.so* libbdplus.so*
sudo ln -s libmmbd.so.0 libaacs.so.0
sudo ln -s libmmbd.so.0 libbdplus.so.0

sudo nano /etc/apt/preferences.d/libbdplus
Package: libbdplus*
Pin: version *
Pin-Priority: -1

sudo nano /etc/apt/preferences.d/libaacs
Package: libaacs*
Hi All

I trust you are well.

I was wondering if anyone could assist me or steer me in the right direction. Basically I have xbmc running on a version of ubuntu headless and I need to be able to connect to it remotely using a mac book or another linux distro. I would need to see the full xbmc screen come up, I don't need to move around on it, I just need to see what everyone else sees as if they were plugging a screen directly into the machine running xbmc. I have tried literally everything and I am not sure where I am going wrong.

If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated, Thanks a million!
(2016-07-26, 23:16)nick777818 Wrote: Hi All

I trust you are well.

I was wondering if anyone could assist me or steer me in the right direction. Basically I have xbmc running on a version of ubuntu headless and I need to be able to connect to it remotely using a mac book or another linux distro. I would need to see the full xbmc screen come up, I don't need to move around on it, I just need to see what everyone else sees as if they were plugging a screen directly into the machine running xbmc. I have tried literally everything and I am not sure where I am going wrong.

If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated, Thanks a million!

Hmm way off topic meh....have a look at https://sourceforge.net/projects/vcxsrv/
unfortunately most are windows based..but maybe a mac ver out there... Never used it to run a kodi session but may work...you can also use the inbuilt kodi web interface to get some functionality on a headless unit
(2016-07-22, 04:36)teeedubb Wrote: Installation on Ubuntu 16.04 (though will probably work for other versions):

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:heyarje/makemkv-beta
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install makemkv-bin makemkv-oss

cd /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
sudo rm libaacs.so* libbdplus.so*
sudo ln -s libmmbd.so.0 libaacs.so.0
sudo ln -s libmmbd.so.0 libbdplus.so.0

sudo nano /etc/apt/preferences.d/libbdplus
Package: libbdplus*

sudo nano /etc/apt/preferences.d/libaacs
Package: libaacs*

Hi,

I have a clean install of Ubuntu 16.04 with xbmc following the guide in the linux forum. Followed the guidelines above, but pressing "play optical disk" does nothing.

I am using an USB External Blu ray drive.

It is recognized at least as it spins and I used it to install Ubuntu

Any ideas?
Check the Kodi debug log (wiki) file
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option.1