Joined: Apr 2016
I am writing here because after combing the net for the last couple of hours i cant seem to find an answer to my problem.
First of all, love this screensaver, its an awesome idea, so big love to those who spend their personal time making stuff that other can enjoy.
But enough kiss-ass.
The issues i am having are as follows:
1. The screensaver runs but it will tend to stutter fairly regularly through its animations. Which is a shame, because it takes away from the polished look of the desired effect.
2. If i launch something via a different add-on (eg. rom collection browser), then after i am done with that item for example done playing a game and it comes back to kodi, once i exit to the menu screen, i get the screensaver loading icon immediately, and if i dont press cancel/back like a madman, than it will launch the screensaver lickety split, and then after about 10 second of animation once the last image has transitioned, it will go black and kodi will freeze.
My setup is a HTPC, pretty maxed out (i7-6700 CPU, 16GB DDR4 ram, GTX970 GPU) so i would not think that the demands of this screensaver are something that would place a heavy load on my system to the point that there would be any lag that is hardware related.
The only issue i can think of is that i have the image source pointed at directory of photos from last year (a whole years worth of photos) and maybe the fact that the folder (with its sub folders, sub-sub folder, and images) is heavy enough that this is causing an issue. of course this is just a guess, because i have no idea.. but as a reference, i originally pointed had the image source pointing to the complete photos folder (with year folder, and then the previous mentioned structure of sub & and sub-sub etc), and when it was like this, the screensaver would starts with the little loading animation (circle-y thing), but it would only show this, and the images would not load.
So I have 3 questions:
1. If my assumptions are wrong, and its a setup problem or something, does anyone know of a solution to make it run smooth?
2. If my assumptions about folder load being too much are correct, then would anyone know of a way that I could point the image source at the global photos folder, but have the program randomly (at the beginning of screensaver startup only) choose a single (smaller) sub-sub folder to load images for the screensaver for that particullar run? So of course everytime the screensaver fired up it would display a different set of images.
3. Is this screen saver able to (or can it be altered to) have multiple sources assigned to it, that it would choose from randomly at each start up instance?
Sorry for the longish post, but like i said: cant find a similar thread, so hopefully with detail, if we get a solution, someone in the future will have an easy time of finding the answer they need. (I hope)
Thank you in advance.
p.s. i forgot to mention that i trying to have this run with the apple-tv like setting. with the updated the version, apple-tv like screensaver goes nuts, with images distorted to be too big and stretched and frozen on various areas of the screen.
(This post was last modified: 2016-05-25 06:18 by tommibot.)