Can I watch FIOS TV through OpenElec?
I have FIOS TV, and my RF cable is currently plugged into the TV. I'd like to take advantage of Live TV in XBMC, but I have no idea where to get started.
What kind of tuner do I need to get? I am limited to just USB tuners, but I am not really sure what to look for besides that.
Am I looking for something with QAM support? Or ATSC?
CableCard, most likely. An HDHomeRun Prime should work fine. It runs off the network and is very easy to set up in OpenELEC. Use the TVHeadend add-on for OpenELEC.
I installed the TVHeadend addon, but I have no idea what to pick under "Add DVB Network"
The "Map DVB Services" stays disabled after the scan.
I have Fios and I use NPVR with HDHOMERUN. I must say there was a large learning curve but i enjoy it. I am not watching live tv yet. (Because i havent found a client that i am happy with, i played with xbmc on appletv but i am not crazy about it.) But i schedule recordings via the web server interface and use mcebuddy to automatically transcode the shows to PLEX. Where i watch the shows from my Roku.
@CORRUPT27, what did you have to do to set up FIOS? I think I am scanning the wrong DVB network.
I will check when i get home tonight an let you know. I am assuming its the same with NPVR.
Thank you, CORRUPT27

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I watch FIOS TV through OpenElec?0