Please Help!! Xbmc not responding black screen
Hello I tried finding any info if this has happened before I couldn't I have a android google tv box and it worked perfect then on day just stopped loading xbmc. I get the android guy then goes to black screen and says xbmc not responding. I've cleared cache and still nothing.Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know how to fix?
Why does it seem like the only people this happens to are some random people who don't really give any information to diagnose the issue?

Is this actually a widespread issue? Is it just one bad build that is floating around? What specific "android boxes" is this happening to?

This black screen thing has been one of the most frustrating things I've seen reported, because anyone good at making bug reports can't reproduce it, so we only have these fly-by-night users saying there's an issue.
Ok, I have been experiencing the same issues.
XBMC was running fine when it came pre-installed. For some reason I uninstalled it and install a fresh copy.

I'd install XBMC and it would run the first use screen and then going to a black screen.

I installed multiple builds of 'Frodo' 12.2 and still no success at getting it up and running.
Turns out it was the Fly-mouse/remote I had purchased in between uses.

I pulled out the USB dongle and what do you know.... XBMC now works....
Hopefully this issue will be resolved in the future as I quite like my new remote....

The remote is a "Rii mini i13 [4 in 1 Wireless Multmedia Air Fly Mouse Keyboard"
Thank you, DEZ_NZ!
So does anyone have any idea of a work around?

Is it settings in XBMC? Settings in the Android system? Or is it just a hardware in-compatibility?

I will try different builds of XBMC 12 and see if there are any settings which will sort it....
Thank You DEZ_NZ I posted about this problem a while ago and I know others have as well and until now nobody has been able to come up with any sort of solution.

I did as you did and unplugged the usb dongle for the keyboard, click on the xbmc logo and it came on instantly !!!

Great work m8, thank you, I was just about to return it to the seller tomorrow to see if he could sort it now I don't have to and I have save a tenner on postage !!!!
Has anyone had any luck at resolving this yet?[/align]
(2013-10-02, 08:49)DEZ_NZ Wrote: Has anyone had any luck at resolving this yet?

I don't know if it's related, but I do know a lot of Android input/keyboard/etc type stuff is going to be fixed up in the near future. Obviously, we aim to squish as many bugs as possible :)
So r u guys say that if u use and external Bluetooth keyboard this can cause issues withe tv box ?
Tried the new version on Frodo - Still loads to black screen when USB dongle is attached.
Tried the latest monthly build of gotham - Still loads to black screen.

Ned Scott - any ideas on how to resolve this? Im keen to have a bit of a go at working on a fix. Based on my limited knowledge of programming etc Smile
Fixes are in the latest nightly builds (wiki).
just load xbmc first then plug in usb or use the android or iphone app to control xmbc and its much faster then remote too.
Ok, i've tried the latest Nightly build.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/androi...bi-v7a.apk

Still no luck booting with the USB bluetooth dongle in, but one improvement. When I loaded XBMC it got the black screen, I pulled the dongle out and the logo pops up and XBMC then loads fine.

It seems to be running alot smoother than 12.2/12.3 also.
DEZ_NZ, what kind of Android hardware are you using? A link or a model name/number?
Please attach an xbmc.log (probably xbmc.old.log in this instance) with the issue.

We have no crystal balls allowing us to guess why xbmc is freezing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please Help!! Xbmc not responding black screen1