thetvdb not working?
Anyone else having issues with thetvdb? I haven't been able to connect to it in about a week. The website loads fine, but anytime I want to load new TV shows into XBMC it just says "unable to connect to server."
Best to check your debug log (wiki) after attempting to scan new shows/episodes into your library to see what the actual problem may be.
Seems to work today. I had to re-install for another issue.
i suspect it does not work well since 1st august. Debug log shows it cannot find trivials like this. http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?ser...anguage=en
Not sure if this is the right query, but its what xbmc tvdb scraper requests. I have updates turned on, so i should have all things updated.
If that's what XBMC is searching for, then there's an issue with your file set-up. It should not be including the episode numbering in the search. That only happens if XBMC thinks the file represents the entire series (i.e. it's treating the file name as a folder name).

Either you haven't separated the files into individual series folders, or you've set the content on a single series folder and not selected the "Selected folder contains a single TV show" option (or some wacky third option, I can't think of...)

Check Video library/Naming files/TV shows (wiki) and compare to your set-up.

I've had no problems with the scraper here. (Plus the forums tend to explode whenever there are issues with thetvdb, themoviedb or imdb. A genuine problem would not have gone unnoticed or unfixed since August.)
Ok, thanks, it works now. I would guess that it worked well before with all-in-one-folder for tvshow episodes if named properly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
thetvdb not working?0