Samsung LED smart TV + Gigabyte Brix (Intel HD Graphichs 4000) => not fluent vid
Hi,

I am having an weird issue. My htpc plays movies on my HP LED (PC) monitor fluently but on my Samsung Smart TV (directly connected with HDMI no AV) it slows down(could also be described as a brief not even a second of stutter) every 10 seconds (not sure every 10 seconds, its variable).

This has nothing to do with the settings (I presume of XBMC).

Has anyone had this strange issue ? I have found on other forum that this could have something to do with the resolution or the Hertz ?

It would be great to hear some other opinions or maybe a solutions to this.

Samsung live chat has not been very helpfull.

Thank you.
What's the Hz setting [refresh rate] on xbmc? [settings, system, video output]

What's the picture settings on the telly? Exact scan? Full screen? 16:9?
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

I have no idea if it's relevant, but my Samsung TV has a setting for "fluent" motion. Motion Plus? I think it tries to calculate the in between frames to even out motion.
Maybe trying turning this off will stop the stuttering?
Hi,

@Nu7s : I have checked the Motion setting on my TV and it is set to "fluent".

I discovered that if I set, in XMBC ,the "adjust display refresh rate to match video" from "off" to "Only At Start/Stop". When it is "Off" I have the stutter as described before. Whit "Only At Start/Stop" the video playback seems to be good but the audio is off, so the lipsync is completly off.

Any idea what I should do next ?

Does this mean that it stuttered because it had to adjust to the audio ?
No it probably means that you were, for example, playing a file with a frame rate of 23.976 frames per second on a screen that was operating at 50 or 60 frames per second.

Which is why jammyb asked you those questions, the ones you didn't answer.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-09-25, 09:13)jammyb Wrote: What's the Hz setting on xbmc? [settings, display, video output]

What's the picture settings on the telly? Exact scan? Full screen? 16:9?

Can you be more specific what settings you wish to know ? That Samsung smart tv detects most things automatically and it displays in the left corner briefly when I am on my HTPC that the resolution is 1920 x 1080 with 60 Hz.

Haven't found any Hz setting in XBMC.

Display mode is Full Screen # 1 and resolution 1920 x 1080.
How can I be more specific than what I've already askedHuh I'm not interested in what your Telly's doing. I want to know what Hz setting you've got XBMC set to.

Hz setting is where I said it was. Same place you found 1920x1080p.

It's either 23.976, 24,25,50,60.

What's yours on?

Read this thread - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=161267

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Appart from the "adjust display refresh rate to match video" and the Motion settings on TV (not sure what these should be set to) you should also enable the Cinema Smooth option in samsung. It is available only when fed with 24p material.
@jammyb : Currently I can't verify the setting on my HTPC. But I am pretty sure there is no setting were the Hz is set at the location you speak of. Only resolution which I can adapt with the up and down buttons.

I'll check later when I have access.
It doesn't really matter what refresh rate you use for the GUI of xbmc if you enable the "adjust display refresh rate to match video" (which you should).
Have you tried with the "Sync playback to display" method? It's on the same setting screen as "Adjust display refresh rate...".

Then set A/V sync method to "video clock", and check if the stutter still happens. I had a similar issue on a Panasonic TV, while on a regular PC monitor playback was just fine.
(2013-09-27, 15:59)Tomaz Wrote: @jammyb : Currently I can't verify the setting on my HTPC. But I am pretty sure there is no setting were the Hz is set at the location you speak of. Only resolution which I can adapt with the up and down buttons.

I'll check later when I have access.

Settings
System
Video Output
Refresh rate

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Turn off all that "smoothing-crap" on the telly and then listen to what the rest has to say about XBMC settings Smile
Hi - you did not mention what kind of OS and what kind of GPU you are running. There is much more, which could have an influence .
My Equipment:
HTPC (i7-8700K 3.7 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) Windows 10 with Kodi 18.6 & Central SQL DB (Maria DB)
AVR Emotiva RMC-1 & AMP Emotiva XPA9-Gen3, TV LG OLED 65 E6, BD oppo UDP-203, Speaker Revel Performa3 F208 / F206 / C208 / Nubert WS-14 for Atmos/DTS.x)
NAS Synology DS1817+ / DX-517/DX513 (4x8 TB RAID5 + 2 x 5x6TB in RAID5)
GPU is mentioned in the thread subject

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samsung LED smart TV + Gigabyte Brix (Intel HD Graphichs 4000) => not fluent vid0