XBMC without Jailbreak
Hey,
For me XBMC is the only reason i jailbreak my idevice.

Not i understand that Apple don't want to approve the app.

But, can the app be installed without jailbreak. let's say with software like: Kuaiyong or it's alternatives?

Pls advice.

Brooke.
Nope
this option is considered?
Not possible, easy as that..
People tried and it didn't work. XBMC needs access to APIs that are not accessible on a non-jail broken device.
We got it working on devcon. You need to sign the app bundle and all dylibs *.so, *.viz, and *.pvr binaries aswell with a dev certificate and it works (running un iphone5s with ios 7.02 here). But its without hw acceleration and will really kill the battery fast ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
kudos to mdd

codesign -fvvv -s 'YOUR_KEY_NAME' -i org.xbmc.xbmc-ios XBMC.app/Frameworks/*.dylib `find ./ -name "*.so" -or -name "*.dylib" -or -name "*.0" -or -name "*.vis"` XBMC.app
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Wow good job, so slightly off-topic;

1. This is positive news if/when jailbreaking becomes harder to do / a lot rarer and people still want some way of getting xbmc on an ios device (I presume this sort of thing doesn't work with ATV's)? Was hw acceleration completely out of the question or just something not worth doing for testing purposes / timing? - Just wondering for if jailbreaking ever became impossible.

2. Is this an indication of how xbmc could run / will run on ios 7 when a jailbreak is released or is this still relatively unclear?
It will run Fine in ios7 - but hw decoding is not possible as of our investigations today - it needs a jailbreak (Never say Never - but for now it seems not possible). Its more a proof of concept thing - because only apple devs with cert are Able to run xbmc on there own devices. So this still bring's us nowhere for the whole userbase - if there is no jailbreak - xbmc won't work.

This is not possible for ATV2/3 because you can't deploy an App without jailbreak at all. (This only can be done for the other ios devices where App. Development is Supported)
(2013-10-13, 18:32)Memphiz Wrote: It will run Fine in ios7 - but hw decoding is not possible as of our investigations today - it needs a jailbreak (Never say Never - but for now it seems not possible). Its more a proof of concept thing - because only apple devs with cert are Able to run xbmc on there own devices. So this still bring's us nowhere for the whole userbase - if there is no jailbreak - xbmc won't work.

This is not possible for ATV2/3 because you can't deploy an App without jailbreak at all. (This only can be done for the other ios devices where App. Development is Supported)

Hey,
Can you post a guide how to do that.
That's the only reason i'm not updating to ios 7
tnx
(2013-10-28, 12:25)brookecoin Wrote:
(2013-10-13, 18:32)Memphiz Wrote: It will run Fine in ios7 - but hw decoding is not possible as of our investigations today - it needs a jailbreak (Never say Never - but for now it seems not possible). Its more a proof of concept thing - because only apple devs with cert are Able to run xbmc on there own devices. So this still bring's us nowhere for the whole userbase - if there is no jailbreak - xbmc won't work.

Hey,
Can you post a guide how to do that.
That's the only reason i'm not updating to ios 7
tnx

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1526883

only way you can do it is with developer account, and if you have one of those ^^ link will make perfect sense
hi can any one help what am i looking for as i do,t understand how to get xbmc on a non jailbroke device ive got the app on my ipad but ever time i open it it just close
Are you a developer?
(2014-03-30, 23:37)Memphiz Wrote: Are you a developer?

no but i can re sign apps to work on my ipad useing instasign if that helps
pfff ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC without Jailbreak0