Linux Acer Revo R3610 XBMC
My work has just given me a brand new Acer Revo R3610, Intel Atom 330, 2GB DDR2, 160GB, Integrated Nvidia ION,Big Grin With Linpus Linux. I want to just use XBMC on it connected to my TV via HDMI. I am just downloading XBMCbuntu at the moment is this the easiest way to get XMBC onto it? Not messed around with Linux machines before so I am hating the fact that I am a Noob! Any help would be brilliant have a few hours to play with it at work before I get home :-)
Sorry could this be moved to the help thread.
Openelec for ION - works beautifully on the Revos. No Linux experience required.
Thanks I did install the XBMCbuntu and all seems working ok using PC monitor, Should I leave it at that or install Openelec for ION?
Personal choice. I've used them both, but prefer OE for maintenance-free permanent HTPC stuff. XBMCbuntu is more flexible in that you can still boot to a Linux desktop or run other things in the background while XBMC is displaying (e.g. if you want the machine to be a server as well as an HTPC) but OpenElec is easier for straightforward XBMC-and-addons work.

It all boils down to what you want to use the machine for. You can always boot OE from a stick to see what you think - it does look awfully XBMC-like, though :-)
Thanks so much for your help will give that a go. Last issue I have is I cannot get the wireless working. Found one thing with loads of command prompts but is way to confusing for me. Arghhhhh
Wireless works out of the box for me on those machines.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-10-15, 22:55)nickr Wrote: Wireless works out of the box for me on those machines.

Is that when loaded with XBMCbuntu?
Yes
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Reinstalled XBMCBuntu and it worked fine, saw my wireless connection and let me connect etc. Very happy with it so far. Just need to work all the channels out.
Reinstalled XBMCBuntu and it worked fine, saw my wireless connection and let me connect etc. Very happy with it so far. Just need to work all the channels out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo R3610 XBMC0