Use unpacked textures instead of textures.xbt?
Pretty much that. Im modding the AeonNox skin to look a bit more dirty, id love to not have to 'pack' textures.xbt every time I want to see what i've got since at the moment Im just figuring out whats what so to speak. Can I just throw all the files themselves there and delete textures.xbt?

Thanks[/align]
Yes
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
So when is textures.xbt needed? Obviously we don't need it when testing a skin and running it locally. Is it a requirement when distributing skins via our own repositories? Official XBMC repositories? I presume using the xbt gives some sort of performance boost compared to the individual files?
(2013-10-17, 01:07)Unfledged Wrote: I presume using the xbt gives some sort of performance boost compared to the individual files?
yup, that's exactly it.
the images are converted to a format that will load faster.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Makes sense, thanks Smile
I have a little problem. If I use the file Texture.xbt everything is ok, but if I extract the file and I put the pictures in media folder a lot of things goes wrong: some pictures are black instead of grey and some pictures don't appear. I need to do some changes in the code? someone know what might be the problem?
(2015-02-05, 15:06)georgecristian Wrote: I have a little problem. If I use the file Texture.xbt everything is ok, but if I extract the file and I put the pictures in media folder a lot of things goes wrong: some pictures are black instead of grey and some pictures don't appear. I need to do some changes in the code? someone know what might be the problem?

might be an issue with the tool you used to extract the xbt.
and nope, there are no code changes required.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thanks ronie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use unpacked textures instead of textures.xbt?0