Scrapping difficulties from TMDB
I've been struggling with a new folder of movies I'm trying to scrape from TMDB

The movies in question are Formula One Reviews 1985-2012. All of which has similar names and results on TMDB.

I've created a new source for this folder and then viewing them in Videos > Files

(1)
I've managed to manually scrape each one, however some are not scrapping.
For example:
Formula One 1998 Review [1998].MKV - scrapes as - "Formula One 1998 Review (1998)" on TMDB
However:
Formula One 1999 Review [1999].MKV - doesnt find - "Formula One 1999 Review (1999)" of the same name on TMDB

(2)
Futhermore, years 1985, 1997, 1999 to name a few simply not visible in via Video>Files mode. Yet other years of the same file name and format are.
Interesting, while XBMC couldn't see "Formula One 1997 Review [1997].MKV", adding "FIA Formula One..." showed up in Video>Files mode. (Also didn't scrape manually when searching for "formula one 1997")

(3)
Which brings me onto the last anomaly. In Video>Files mode years 2010 and 2011 scrape successfully with artwork etc. However in my Movies Library they doesn't show up. The other years do, '05, '06 etc.

Three anomalies I was hoping someone could shed light on.
1) .MKV files missing in Video>Files mode.
2) Certain years not scrapping with the same naming format.
3) Years 2010 and 2011 scrap but not visible in Library Mode.

P.s. On a lighter note, 2010 and 2011 were of Vettel winning everything, so I dare say its not the end of the world if they never get watched :p
If you don't even see the physical files when you navigate via VIDEOS > Files, then the location (folder/directory) where those files are stored is likely not defined as a video source in XBMC. Are each year's files stored in separate folders by year? Or all they are stored in a single folder (for all years)? If it's the former, is there a parent folder that holds all the different years? If yes, did you add this parent folder as the video source? Or did you add each individual year's folder as separate sources?
Thanks for the support, Artrafael.

Sorry I should have explained in more detail. Yes they are all in one folder, with a mixture of single file and parent files containing more than one CD.

In the example with 1998 and 1999, these two files are single MKV files in the parent folder, so should both be picked up.

I should also say, I've added and removed this folder several times to refresh.

Strangely, with 1985 it's an ISO file (which plays). In an effort to add NFO files which I've previously had a lot of success, as soon as XBMC detects the NFO and pulls the artwork from the URL, the movie information screen comes up (showing all the artwork and cast etc), but after I exit the info screen, the film disappears? No where to be found in Files or Library mode.

Strange.
Do you happen to have "Hide watched" enabled on the left slide-out menu when on the videos list page?
(2013-10-17, 23:16)artrafael Wrote: Do you happen to have "Hide watched" enabled

I feel quite foolish. You were right, they were hidden.

I didn't realise the watched option was available in the Files view. However what is strange is that once the file was manually scrapped, it then automatically changed the status to 'watched'. This didn't happen to many files, just 5-6.

Other issues were just a case of waiting 24-48hrs for tmdb to update the year for the API to scrape.

A note possibly many are aware of, where some films had no release date on tmdb and a default year of 1900 was assigned, XBMC was unable to scape it.
I had to update each film on tmdb with a release date, which lead to a 48hrs delay before XBMC would scrape it.

Thanks for your help artrafael. Much appreciated, and tmdb amended.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scrapping difficulties from TMDB0