MQ5 Too much CPU use on Showcase?
Hi all

I was checking VDPAU HW acceleration when I found something I was not expecting on MQ5 Skin: While "normal" menus screen (main, setting, etc) used between 16% - 20% of 1 core (Phenom II X4 @ 3GHz), the Showcase view on Movies required 70% (average) of 1 core.

Other statistics: When no display signal is generated (put display to sleep) XBMC CPU use is 10% Top. More "complex" menus (such as weather main screen, Settings->AEON-> Colors) required average of 30%, Albums "Coreflow" view requires 35%, while "Right-List" view requires 45% (average).

I know the more complex the screen layout is, the more CPU it requires, but isn't 70% for Showcase too high? (more taking into account that Coreflow requires only 35%)

All numbers are CPU utilization of XBMC process only (not total CPU consumption) over 1 core (out of 4). I'm using latest Gotham.

Max
That's just the way MQ5 rolls I guess Maxi.

If MQ5 is that high, I can't imagine what numbers MQ4 was hitting!
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Hi Samu-rai

Yes, I understand you can not ask for complex & great graphics and performance at the same time :-) And Aeon MQ is about a really great UI. But for me it's quite strange that Showcase requires 60% more CPU versus the second most-CPU intensive view, and more than 3 times what the MQ main menu requires...

I can't stop wondering if such deviation is really to be expected or there's a small bug somewhere... Maybe it's worth to ask Marcos to take a quick look?

Max
Showcase has always been the view that utilizes more resources, much more than any other, there is nothing wrong.
In previous versions, like in MQ2 and MQ3 Showcase is realy very heavy, but in MQ5 I think it works very smooth, I use without any problem.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Ok, Thanks for checking this !!! And sorry for the noise :-)

Max

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ5 Too much CPU use on Showcase?0