• 6(current)
HEADS UP: Filling a list from a directory/plugin
FYI i've been modifying the script from BigNoid to make it faster and handle playlists (just like randomandlastitems now does). Will finish it after i get from a month of vacation Smile

It's integrated in skin widgets so you should be able to use both the old properties and the new plugin:// possibilities
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-03-07, 13:21)butchabay Wrote: You mean ongoing tv shows? Watch the next unwatched episode ? Then you'll need big noid's script:

service.library.data.provider
Yup I know, mentioned it in my post but you beat me to it Smile

It does come with a noticeable performance hit though.

(2014-03-07, 13:22)Martijn Wrote: FYI i've been modifying the script from BigNoid to make it faster and handle playlists (just like randomandlastitems now does). Will finish it after i get from a month of vacation Smile

Cool Big Grin
(2014-03-07, 13:19)Jeroen Wrote: It's really useful functionality. Just don't dive straight into skin.shortcuts like I did, then it's just too much at once Wink

Yeah it's definitely the readme for the add-on that gets me Tongue
(2014-03-07, 13:22)Martijn Wrote: It's integrated in skin widgets so you should be able to use both the old properties and the new plugin:// possibilities

So will plugin.library.data.provider and skin.widgets merge? Don't they then essentially serve the same purpose?

Another thing, plugin.library.data.provider doesn't seem to retrieve ListItem.Art(season.poster) ?
if they merge i don't know. essentially they are the same yes.
let's me get it working first.
pulling them apart or combining them is quite easy as i use them as different libs

ListItem.Art(season.poster) requires extra JSON calls for each episode so that would double the needed time. don't think you'll want that Smile
(2014-03-07, 15:59)Martijn Wrote: if they merge i don't know. essentially they are the same yes.
let's me get it working first.
pulling them apart or combining them is quite easy as i use them as different libs

ListItem.Art(season.poster) requires extra JSON calls for each episode so that would double the needed time. don't think you'll want that Smile

Nah, in that case the tv show poster is fine Smile Cheers!
The only thing for which you will need skin widgets in the future is "ongoing tv shows". You shouldn't need it for anything else except you want to have some other advanced stuff you can't do with smart playlists.
the problem lies in combining the user's smartplaylist for say only animation and from there provide either "unwatched/watched/random/recommended(as in you have seen simular movies to these).

i doubt that a smartplaylist could provide every first unseen episode of a tvshow sorted by last seen tvshow
Martijn, still here dude? Stop now and go enjoy your holidays Cool
1 month ? ... holy sh ... Smile

Have a nice time
Greetings to all

Who can tell me, what is this plugin?
For my movies and tv shows, or I have possibility to load
image from some video plugin and set custom window with different size of image.

I apologize if my question not in place.
Some sort of short recap would be nice yes..

- What is currently possible without add-ons, fetching content from standard library paths and playlists (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs?) without art support?
- plugin.library.data.provider, although some of the tags are available builtin in XBMC, i guess the idea is to have to have in this add-on as well to help skinners make things consistent..? It would seem if you want art, you need this add-on
- What is missing from plugin.library.data.provider when compared to skin.widgets? Seems that music video support at least. Maybe some advanced options like hiding watched?
- script.skinshortcuts, this is only for adding menu customisation using this new functionality?
- script.randomandlastitems is still needed for smartplaylists until it gets added to one of the add-ons?
- There's a chance that either plugin.library.data.provider or service.skin.widgets will completely replace multiple add-ons needed at the moment?

There must be others wondering about these same things, but i'm the first one to ask these in public Tongue
Alright, some recap of what's possible as of now:
  • You can display content from:
    - library content
    - playlists
    - folders, i.e. a folder with videos, music and/or pictures from you harddisk or all program add-ons
  • Target attribute:
    - Will be used for ActivateWindow() if you have folders, i.e. target has to be video for videodb://movies/actors/
    - Not needed for playlists or content which will be run with PlayMedia (video / audio) or Scripts
  • All information including art and streamdetails will be fetched from library items
  • Lists with library content (video, audio) will auto-update if there was a change in the database and won't if there wasn't any change (initially lists were updated every time on window activation)
Thanks Black,for a brief explanation.

It means that I can display images in different sizes. Let's say for example youtube addon.
I ask this because with ViewtypesVideoLibrary.xml. I can only display one picture size or to change view type.

thanks
Could you explain further what you want to achieve? But anyway if it doesn't work in the video library view, it (very likely) won't work with this.
hello Black

Sorry for the bad question, I poor writing in English but I speak perfect.
In any case, thanks for the reply.

Best Regards
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HEADS UP: Filling a list from a directory/plugin1