Req Sorting on actor (in a special way)
If one has a large collection of movies sorting alphabetically on actor becomes a bit of a useless feature.

If you can sort on actors with the key "the amount of movies they played in from your collection" you will get a very interesting list.

On top will be many of your favourite actors. Selecting that actor will show all the movies he or she played in.
You could check iMDB to see which movies with that actor you don't have.

Several years ago I had a version with this feature implemented. It was great...

The feature was written by someone outside of the team. He was very helpful, but still abandoned it for reasons unknown to me. I did have a few test builds that were working flawless.

Several years ago someone wrote a special build
Something similar has been discussed at devcon 2012 when I presented my advanced library filtering. There it would e.g. make sense to sort the actors, genres etc by number of sub-items it contains.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I made that request a few years ago and it got picked up by Galvanash.

He wrote code for it and sent me some working versions.

I think he wanted to expand on that feature too by doing this on more items. I presume this was the reason why it never got implemented in the end.

A shame really as it is a very nice way to browse your collection and it tells you a lot about yourself as well.
I also found out I had a lot of movies with the actor "Pete Postlethwaite". He's in many top movies, but always in assisting roles and therefore not that well-known. I'm sure any one of you have several movies with him in it.

If you see this feature at work I'm sure that everybody likes it. And it's an original idea...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sorting on actor (in a special way)0