New Harmony Smart Control Remote

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
zag Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2014-12-18 01:02)myst4ry Wrote:  Question for NUC owners:

Do you use the default off settings? (It just puts the device to sleep for me) Sometimes when I wake, I just get a black screened xbmc and must ctrl + alt + delete to kill process, for everything to work.

Do you just leave your NUC on permanently maybe? Would that cost a lot $ per year? Can it cause laggy playback when rarely shutting down?

If you leave it on permanently, you must change power settings to never sleep right?

I changed mine to power off and on. Works nicely with the intel NUC as it can wakeup from total shutdown.
find quote
myst4ry Offline
(2014-12-18 04:17)suku_patel_22 Wrote:  I have edited the switch off commands, and send STOP & DVDMENU for the power command. This stops whatever I am praying and puts XBMC in the home screen.

ah that's smart, so you just leave your NUC permanently on yea? Or does it have an automatic sleep timer?

(2014-12-18 11:39)zag Wrote:  
(2014-12-18 01:02)myst4ry Wrote:  Question for NUC owners:

Do you use the default off settings? (It just puts the device to sleep for me) Sometimes when I wake, I just get a black screened xbmc and must ctrl + alt + delete to kill process, for everything to work.

Do you just leave your NUC on permanently maybe? Would that cost a lot $ per year? Can it cause laggy playback when rarely shutting down?

If you leave it on permanently, you must change power settings to never sleep right?

I changed mine to power off and on. Works nicely with the intel NUC as it can wakeup from total shutdown.

Is that just the 'Powertoggle' for both power on and off? (Using the logitech harmony software).
(This post was last modified: 2014-12-18 12:31 by myst4ry.)
find quote
suku_patel_22 Offline
(2014-12-18 12:28)myst4ry Wrote:  
(2014-12-18 04:17)suku_patel_22 Wrote:  I have edited the switch off commands, and send STOP & DVDMENU for the power command. This stops whatever I am praying and puts XBMC in the home screen.

ah that's smart, so you just leave your NUC permanently on yea? Or does it have an automatic sleep timer?

I have XBMC to sleep automatically. All stock settings there. NUC keeps running, I have subsonic on it, hence cant have it switched off, in case wantt o stream something. Also have some or the other torrents downloading or seeding stuff. So basically, NUC sleeps when it gets time on its own Smile
(This post was last modified: 2014-12-18 12:35 by suku_patel_22.)
find quote