Tags...
Hi,

I used Ember now a few days and I like it! It is a great method to manage the .nfo. I did this before with notepad.
But sadly i can’t use it because there is one thing: Ember doesn’t support tags, more worse it erases the tagline in .nfo files. I think tags are a great new feature in XBMC. It will get more implemented in the future but I enjoy using it right now. So this is the reason I can’t use Ember and I really hope in near future ember will support this feature.
Another little thing I recognized is that ember erases the metadata that was written from XBMC, because it is on another location in the .nfo. What I mean is that when you export your database from XBMC to .nfo the metadata is not at the end of file and so Ember erases it.

Best regards
Please upload an example nfo with tag and metadata. I try to stop the erasing of this lines.

Officially tag support is planed for 1.4.x.

Please upload the nfo to pastbins, don't post it here in forum.
Pastebin? I don't know what that is...Metadata is not so importend, because XBMC ignores the fileinfo before first play and aspect ratio and sound channels is still not correct with iso.

Example from nfo with tag:

<country>......</country>
<set>...</set>
<tag>test tag</tag>
<credits>......</credits>
<director>....</director>

after save with Ember the tag line is gone.

I am looking forward to use 1.4..:-)

I know how much work it is to code..thank you )
Pastebin is a free code hoster. Please upload a complete NFO with tag and metadata. This will be the best way to fix it correctly.
XBMC Tags

http://pastebin.com/Lw3swmBe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tags...0