XBMC Auto startup
Tongue 
Hi Guys,

I searched the forum to find out what I need to do to get XBMC to start up automatically after windows has started but haven't found anything useful to a complete newbie such as myself. Most start up post are regarding errors when starting XBMC. I however have no issues as XBMC starts up fine but I have to manually execute the program.

I have a small home theatre pc with XP 32bit SP2 installed. I am running XBMC 12.2 (frodo) on the machine. All I want when I switch on my home theater pc is for windows to startup and finish booting and then have XBMC start up by itself. How do I do this? Any help or reference to articles that cover this will be appreciated.

Regards,

Mike
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Take a look at this wiki article: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=How...a_shell%29
You can try my xbmclauncher. Install it and select the launcher as shell. If you don't need all the functionality of the launcher then a simple registry edit will help to set xbmc as shell. Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon and change the value of 'Shell' from 'Explorer' to your xbmc path.
(2013-11-12, 15:14)baijuxavior Wrote: You can try my xbmclauncher. Install it and select the launcher as shell. If you don't need all the functionality of the launcher then a simple registry edit will help to set xbmc as shell. Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon and change the value of 'Shell' from 'Explorer' to your xbmc path.

If you go the registry route.... is there a way to get it to explorer.exe on xbmc close?
The best option is to use XBMCLauncher. It gives you more control particularly if you are using the sleep mode.
(2013-11-12, 19:45)Dhorse Wrote:
(2013-11-12, 15:14)baijuxavior Wrote: You can try my xbmclauncher. Install it and select the launcher as shell. If you don't need all the functionality of the launcher then a simple registry edit will help to set xbmc as shell. Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon and change the value of 'Shell' from 'Explorer' to your xbmc path.

If you go the registry route.... is there a way to get it to explorer.exe on xbmc close?

You have to manually start the task manager and run new task 'explorer'. I have added an option in the launcher to start the desktop on exiting xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Auto startup0