logo, clearart, discart, will this become XBMC standard
Hello all,

I did a search on the forum but didn't find anything. I was wondering if there are plans to ever integrate logo, clearart, discart in XBMC like we now have posters, fanart ... Is this ever going to happen?

Thank you.

Grave
These are already available and are dependant on Skin - check out the sub-forum.
I know. I was wondering if/when they become standard in xbmc itself. Natively.
It is native in XBMC thats why its skin dependant.

You want to know when default skin will have this, the answer is likely twofold.

1) When someone actually adds such changes to default skin and submits a PR
2) If these changes dont add such overhead that it cant run on lowered powered platforms.

So its really undetermined when this will happen, unless you make it happen and try to submit 1) then you will know if 2) is an issue and then you will know when.
Or is the OP asking when those artwork types will be supported by the stock scrapers, particularly when scraping local artwork?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Well, what I'm trying to ask is, as far as I understand, the only way to have logo and clearart visible in a skin is when they are 'imported' using artwork downloader add on. I have all my art stored locally and when I import my movies, the poster and fanart are nicely stored in XBMC. For all the other artwork I need artwork downloader, even if they are stored locally. So my question would be, is there any chance that logo and clearart and discart will be treated in the same way as poster or fanart in XBMC, without the use of add ons?
Those artwork are not implemented in default skin, but local art/info always takes precedence, again needs implementing and goes back to what I said. As far as you dont want to use addons to do these jobs, Im not even sure its entirely possible as scrapers are addons and if you dont want addons to do this jobs, then no. In any case these artwork types needs implementing to default skin.
(2013-12-22, 14:17)st graveyard Wrote: Well, what I'm trying to ask is, as far as I understand, the only way to have logo and clearart visible in a skin is when they are 'imported' using artwork downloader add on. I have all my art stored locally and when I import my movies, the poster and fanart are nicely stored in XBMC. For all the other artwork I need artwork downloader, even if they are stored locally. So my question would be, is there any chance that logo and clearart and discart will be treated in the same way as poster or fanart in XBMC, without the use of add ons?

Or there's a script I wrote, mklocal.py. It does the job of Artwork Downloader if you have local artwork, and the artwork is correctly named (it supports either movie-name prefix or single folders). Also much quicker than AD too (perhaps not surprisingly).

Just feed the output of "texturecache,py jd movies" into mklocal.py and it will output the changes needed to update your library to use your local logo/discart/whatever artwork, then run those changes into "texturecache,py set". It will only change what needs to change (or be added) so subsequent runs become much faster. Since you have all your artwork locally, run mklocal.py with the --readonly option so that it doesn't download anything (by default it will download any original remote artwork into your filesystem).

It would of course be nice if artwork other than fanart and poster were handled natively by the scrapers.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
A scraper can only support and fetch metadata (art or text) what the online databases it fetches from support.

However the skin also needs to support and display this metadata in addition to the scraper.

When the problem is already that both parts need to support this when no one codes this in and rather make skin mods that for most part are not even in repos, imo when someone asks when will this happen, the answer is only clearly when someone adds the support for it on both ends (scraper and skin)

At any rate, You will be looking at a piece-meal. Or be doomed to use some skin mod thats not even in repos.

And not to mention users that ask these questions dont have the skills to make this happen, let alone be bothered with the complexities of script solutions they dont understand and are afraid to even try.

Anyway Im out, enjoy!
(2013-12-22, 23:34)uNiversal Wrote: A scraper can only support and fetch metadata (art or text) what the online databases it fetches from support.
I was thinking more along the lines of the recently introduced local scraper, the scope of its support perhaps being expanded to cater for a few more artwork types. It wouldn't have to support remote websites, just to scrape whatever artwork is available locally (as it does already with fanart and poster, but now also clearart, logo, discart, landscape, banner etc.)

(2013-12-22, 23:34)uNiversal Wrote: And not to mention users that ask these questions dont have the skills to make this happen, let alone be bothered with the complexities of script solutions they dont understand and are afraid to even try.

Anyway Im out, enjoy!

Scripts are for people that may not want to use addons yet are capable of fully automating the maintenance of their clients. They're certainly not for everyone, but not wanting to use an addon in the first place doesn't preclude a script being considered as an alternative option. I don't know the skill level of the OP, only that he expressed a desire not to use an addon (which I can fully understand).Smile

Chances are he may not want to use a script either, but the option is there.
(2013-12-22, 14:17)st graveyard Wrote: Well, what I'm trying to ask is, as far as I understand, the only way to have logo and clearart visible in a skin is when they are 'imported' using artwork downloader add on. I have all my art stored locally and when I import my movies, the poster and fanart are nicely stored in XBMC. For all the other artwork I need artwork downloader, even if they are stored locally. So my question would be, is there any chance that logo and clearart and discart will be treated in the same way as poster or fanart in XBMC, without the use of add ons?

I want this too! My favourite cafe, my nail salon and my pilates instructor, they are all a stone's throw. So, why can't I have my clear art, discart, logo and all this incredibly cute little things showing on my XBMC from a local source, always with me? Wink

@MilhouseVH, your script looks super helpful but, sincerely, it overwhelms me. Am I ever going to see it as an add-on that can be easy to use? Thank you!
(2013-12-23, 02:12)Lola Berwoots Wrote: @MilhouseVH, your script looks super helpful but, sincerely, it overwhelms me. Am I ever going to see it as an add-on that can be easy to use? Thank you!

As an addon? Not from me, sorry.

If you've got specific questions about the scripts then ask in the relevant thread (see sig). Using mklocal.py can seem a little daunting I admit, but once you've got it working it shouldn't be too difficult to understand what is going on - just ask if you're not sure. If you simply want to load up local artwork (of any type) it should be a piece of cake once you've sorted out your --local and --prefix arguments (don't forget to specify --readonly so it only reads from your local filesystem!)
Dear MilhouseVH, you are very kind. I am precisely at the trying-to-sort-it-out stage, so soon you should see me asking a few things on your thread, since I am quite motivated to take new steps into this XBMC world. Thanks again for your script and your help. Cheers! Lola.
People,

I just asked the question because I have been experiencing problems with Artwork Downloader since Frodo. Local artwork takes hours to load, and it never seems to be getting it locally from my HD anyway (the logo's, discart and other extras). I don't care if I have to use a script or an add on or whatever, as long as it works ;-)

Anyway, Milhouse, thank you, your script could be a solution, I will check this and hope I can get back to you if I don't really understand it? ;-)

thanks for all the replys.

Grave
If you have issues with that addon, then wouldn't you suppose asking in the relevant thread to this addon would be better? You never indicated you had a problem, you asked specific questions and were not clear until you rephrased and then now we find out these news, and thus a discussion arises.

I would also suppose that full debug logs would be required and pastebined.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...downloader

As for my part in this seemingly futile discussion is, not to reply to threads like this in future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
logo, clearart, discart, will this become XBMC standard0