I see no mouse pointer on my tv
I wonder if your power supply isn't up to it? Although you don't seem to have a lot plugged into the pi.

Also what is the 'dongle' you refer to when describing the keyboard connection? The keyboard should plugged direct to the rpi usb port, no need for a 'dongle'.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
J, i assume the keyboard is working because the white cursor moved when i pressed random buttons... i know it didn't write anything but it moved.

Nickr, the dongle is connected to that white controller... i originally had planned that that would be my remote for the xbmc then i bought the wired kb to make sure maybe the wireless kb was the problem. if you'll notice, there are two things connected to the pi, the dongle which is paired to that white controller and the wired usb that is connected to the wired kb.

the output on the adapter is 5V 1A, input is 100-240V 200mA
Running out of ideas here!

I assume the wired keyboard works on another computer?

Try booting with only the wired keyboard plugged into rpi usb, no dongle etc.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
tried that just now. this guy on twitter (@openelec) said since i'm running 3.0.6 i should update to 3.2.4 and try again. like i said before i'm very new to this... i thought in xbmc v. 12.2 "Frodo" is the only thing that matters.

I'm determined to get this thing working.

i'm probably going to have to buy a card read since i don't have one but i want to try viable solutions.
Card readers are cheap, I wouldn't rely on someone else writing a card for me.
It was the power source. Changed with my iphone adapter.

Thanks everyone. All systems are a go now.
Sigh, who'da thunk it.
(2013-12-31, 22:38)jdeatsch Wrote: Sigh, who'da thunk it.

Anyone who has diagnosed rpi problems a few times!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I see no mouse pointer on my tv0