Binding xbmc to a tty?
I'm experimenting with xbmc 12 on a Rhaspberry Pi with Rhaspbian, using the pre-compiled repository (archive.mene.za.net). xbmc is currently started by the init script.

I'd like to bind xbmc to a own tty instead of having it fight with the login consoles (and therefore both not working 100 % correctly).

Is there a way to make xbmc use e.g. /dev/tty7? Either directly or using a X11 server?
Not sure if this is what you meant but I have my XBMC set to only run on tty1 on login by adding the following to my bash profile

Code:
case "`tty`" in
  /dev/tty1)
        startx
    exit;
  ;;
esac
Not really.
I'm currently starting xbmc from /etc/init.d/xbmc, not from X11. There is no login script involved.

I'm interested in something like "Xorg vt7 ...", but for xbmc. I guess using xinit to start xorg from X11 might work, but I'd like to avoid the extra X11 server on the raspberry pi.
I'm not totally sure if it works but you could try removing tty6 from /etc/inittab then make XBMC start on that tty, that way it won't interfere with anything. I've never run XBMC without X11 so I may be out sailing though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Binding xbmc to a tty?0