Recommended hardware for XBMC
I am currently rocking the ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID40-PLUS-E on my old Samsung 40" LCD TV and i'm looking to upgrade the TV situation at home. When buying a new TV i'll put the old setup in the bedroom and i want some tips on what HTPC to buy. I use it for watching TV eps and movies (up to 1080 resolution). I have read that many recommends the Zotac ZBox ID18.

Are there any HTPC's out there in the same size(ish) as the ZBOX ID40 and ID18 that have built in blu-ray drive? In the livingroom i have a PS3 as blu-ray solution but nothing in the bedroom.
I have a local server that stores the video files and i could install a blu-ray drive in that but will my gigabit network be able to handle streaming blu-ray material?
Of course gigE will stream bluray, do the math. Bluray highest bitrate is around 48Mbps. GigE is 1000Mbps. Halve it for real world conditions and you still have 10x what you need.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommended hardware for XBMC0